Search results

1. Raddion

Saw this at a local market here in CT

Very cool, thanks everybody for the expertise!
  2. Raddion

Just googled Trail Horse and judging by the wheels and frame design, I think you're probably right. Thanks! I gave the old guy my contact info, maybe I'll score it anyway!
  3. Raddion

Beats me what it is, tried to get the old fellow to part with it, but no luck! It's fairly complete, what is it?
  4. Raddion

Old Sears Ads

Yeah as much as I love old school American minibikes, I was lucky enough to spend a sunny afternoon in the '70's riding around on a QA50 with three speed trans / automatic clutch... So cool, I never forgot that little Honda!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Raddion

Vintage Mini Bike Magazine Ads and Brochures

I was looking through an old (I think 1971) Sears catalog that I picked up at a flea market, the minibikes ads are sweet! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Raddion

Old Sears Ads

I was looking through an old (I think 1971) Sears catalog that I picked up at a flea market, the minibikes ads are sweet! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Raddion

The Newer Bajas

This was in the Tractor Supply flyer this weekend. I have my two DB 30's but I don't know much about these newer models. I see it comes stock with a 6.5 hp!! Not really crazy about the "look" of it though... although it does look to be well engineered.
  8. Raddion

I, Slayer Of Clutch Chatter...

Hey, all the replies are cool, hope everyone has a great summer riding! I really think the Hilliard's are designed for rigors of kart track racing, and not so much for trail riding on Doodlebugs. They do make about four different tension spring sets that you can buy to tinker with engagement...
  9. Raddion

I, Slayer Of Clutch Chatter...

Finally, FINALLY got to the bottom of the horrific "grinding/binding" sensation at mid-speed / mid-throttle on mine and the wife's 6.5 Tecumseh modded Doodlebugs. Two years with those things shaking our teeth out! Well, we didn't even really ride them last summer because it always felt like we...
  10. Raddion

New Workbench/Table, New Clutches...

Hey everybody, been awhile (THANKS, A.D.D...) Just built myself a killer 4'X4' worktable for the minis & other upcoming projects - I just needed a damn work TABLE and not a work BENCH, you know? The whole thing took one evening and only cost my wife around thirty bucks or so! First up...
  11. Raddion

Crunching sounds from tensioner?

Well I took Number 1's chain off tonight to take another look at things. The first thing I noticed was that the chain has dug itself right into the brand new tensioner pulley I put on there when I added the auto tensioner - I guess the 2nd spring wasn't necessary haha... I took the clutch...
  12. Raddion

A Crunching Update Update... I made up 2 auto tensioners for the DB30's and we took them out for a test yesterday. It's driving me crazy, it's still doing it. At speeds over maybe 10mph during light to moderate acceleration, out of nowhere comes a sound that closely resembles a large monster...
  13. Raddion

Beats Me...

That bike is awesome. Mine was banana yellow, with a springer seat, white fenders and a white 4hp Tecumseh and it SCREWED...
  14. Raddion

Harley I am in SE CT near Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun etc. Hey I just found this tensioner re-design on Youtube, although the guy doesn't spell out everything exactly, it does look promising! 2008 doodlebug db 30 easy spring loaded chain tensioner - YouTube
  15. Raddion

Beats Me...

Wow that's cool, a brand-new ARCO EZ Rider was my very first minibike!!!
  16. Raddion

Hey Cheezy where do you get the small snowblower belt pulleys, is there a specific pulley you use, or will just any snowblower pulley work... although I live in New England, I've never actually even owned a snowblower! Also, do you guys make up your own spring auto tensioners, or is there...
  17. Raddion

Beats Me...

I gave a customer a ride home last week, and knowing I like collecting old minibikes,he invited me down to his workshop (he restores and mods old Indian motorcycles) to check out this old relic. I'm not sure what it is, but it's obviously got some parts that don't belong on it...
  18. Raddion

Thanks for all the replies! Yes, I do have the chain set tight because it definitely gets tighter-then-its-looser as you move the rear wheel around, as iff the rear sprocket is slightly off center. I set the chain tight bc if I set it to "normal" tension, when the rotation gets to the "looser"...
  19. Raddion

Hello fellow minibikers... The wife and I have been testing out our slightly-more-powerful Doodlebugs on the trails, and I have noticed that both bikes make not-so-good crunching sounds as speeds over maybe 15mph are reached. If we're torquing them up a hill, everything is fine on harder...
  20. Raddion

Two-Doodle 6HP Project

Hi everyone.. I finally got back to work on my two-Doodle 6hp conversion project. Number 2 is mostly complete and now rideable... although it's a little hard to hang on to the handlebars now! Number 1 is next, but I've decided to just bolt the reinforcement plate between the engine and frame...