Search results

1. A

Honda GX 100 for parts

I tried that, didn't work for me! I found that putting a HF 99cc engine cured my poor engine running problems. Heck, $79 to not have to adjust anything every time I started it - priceless!
  2. A

Honda GX 100 for parts

The carb might just switch over. If it does, it couldn't work any worse than the one that came stock - my guess is that it would be a great improvement.
  3. A

The First Ride

Congratulations! First Rides are Great! On mine I ended up running the mini up the side of a house trying to turn it around in limited space. Nothing a little paint couldn't fix - on the house :laugh: You'll remember that ride forever. Enjoy!
  4. A

Engine Questions

I've already purchased the 99cc Predator. Vibrates like a Harley, but shows how insufficient the 97cc Baja engine actually is. Only using about 25% of the throttle settings and it's more than enough for my beginner. Scewed it out and opened it up and it scoots right along (uncomfortably fast for...
  5. A

Predator 99cc change-over

Success! Or a moderate amount anyway. I messed around with the linkage set-up and where it may not be "correct", it's working. I'll be fiddling with it to see what else can be done to loosen it up a bit. It's pretty tight. Past that, the 99cc Predator makes that little Doodlebug humm. I even...
  6. A

Plan "B". Mine is slightly different than the one pictured. The one in the picture apparently has a remote tank not to mention the throttle set-up for the carb is slightly different. I'll have some time Friday - hopefully get it hammered out then.
  7. A

Throttle Hook-up Is there a better way than this? I'm not worried about the parts and pieces, just looks a little cheesy! https://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=fc7e3e6637be6bc8602903332b5c05f4&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=A&Product_Code=2900&Category_Code=99cc
  8. A

I did drain the shipping oil - it was some pretty nasty looking stuff. After pulling out a straight edge it looks like the clutch will line up the way it is. The only current issue is the bolt for the shaft is 5/16" instead of what the DB had originally. After hearing issues about the 5/8" /...
  9. A

It's begun! I picked up a HF Predator 99cc last night for $79 + tax and changed the motors out today. I did give the 97cc another chance, but couldn't keep it running well. The 99cc so far has been a straight bolt up replacement. What a difference! I still have to take a few links out of the...
  10. A

Question about the chain tensioner

I'm a newb myself so ... There's a purpose for the chain tensioner (even though it's staionary). I'm working on making one that is spring tensioned therefore adjustable on the fly (so to speak). It sure beats trying to keep the chain tight and on the sprockets - too tight, it breaks. Good Luck!
  11. A

doodlebug DB30 throttle

After some searching, I believe the carb off a Honda GX100 will fit the DB engine. But at $35 I don't really want to take the chance. I believe I'll be going with the Predator 99cc and upgrade as my daughter gets more experience - 1st jackshaft kit (so TTS, please put me in line for the one...
  12. A

6.5 Engine swap question

Can a 6.5 hp engine be "slowed" down enough for a novice rider?
  13. A

doodlebug DB30 throttle

Another Day another Doodle! I'm glad I didn't, but last night I was going to post how well I got the Doodle running. Well, as my title states, it almost seems like a completely different mini bike today. After running great for about 2+ hours yesterday it ran fine for about 5 minutes today and...
  14. A

2.8 Doodlebug idle/run issues

Thanks! I ended up buying a roll of gasket material (used for gasoline applications) from Autozone for $4.99 - the gaskets I was replacing were good enough to trace out for the templates - They worked great and I've got the rest of the roll to go through. I will save that link however for...
  15. A

I Jumped - DB30

Doodle Lives! I picked up some gasket material from Autozone yesterday and proceded to make new rear carb gaskets. I also fabricated a new bowl gasket out of permatex cover by above mentioned material. I installed them today and it cranked right up - sort of! After a bit of adjusting - Doodle...
  16. A

I Jumped - DB30

I really don't think it needs all the parts for a rebuild, but I'm for sure it needs the rear gasket. I can't find one anywhere so it looks like I'm going to try the cereal box idea (old gasket crutch from my past). Wish me luck!
  17. A

Have read about you previously having carb kits for the 2.8 DB engines. Do you still have these...

Have read about you previously having carb kits for the 2.8 DB engines. Do you still have these? Please email me at Aladinbama@aol.com if you do. Thanks, Tom
  18. A

I Jumped - DB30

Well, it went from running, but terribly, to running great for five to ten seconds and dying. I think I need some gaskets and a carb rebuild kit of some kind. A simple disassembly and cleaning didn't really get it (although it's MUCH cleaner inside). Now, do I buy a kit for $15 or a new...
  19. A

I Jumped - DB30

That's the one! Here's an updated pic in MY driveway :wink: I haven't torn into it yet, but I do know it needs a back tire. The ad says it was replaced - I might just check to see what kind and add a new tube (?) - either that or order a new tubless. I need to drain the gas (po filled it...
  20. doodle1

doodle1