Search results

1. M

420cc Honda Clone w/ machined crankshaft and clutch

This is a loncin 420cc generator motor I used to get my Warrior past 60mph. Between a Ninja and a free 270cc engine, I've decided to take my project back to reasonable speeds, so this is now available. There's about 100 miles on the engine - I never rode it as much as I meant to. It's a...
  2. M

15hp MB200 (Part out?)

This started life as a MB200, and then spiraled out of control as I had to beat my friends GY6 150cc scooter to win a bet. To be fair, I did win the bet... and now all my friends sold their minibikes / scooters, and we switched to motorcycles. And even though I could out-accelerate a ninja 250...
  3. M

LED MB200 Headlight

This is a Baja Warrior headlight that I modified with two 1w / 12v LEDs. This makes it much more efficient than the stock headlight, but it's not quite as bright. It's great as far as increasing your visibility, but don't expect to go tearing down the back-roads at midnight. I was using this...
  4. M

Stiffening up warrior shocks

I swapped out the oil in my shocks to a 75w gear oil, with the thinking that 75w would be thicker, and therefor harder. But the front end still dives pretty freely under braking/bumps. I have some 5w fork oil, would that help? Or does it's extreme squishness mean that the seals are gone or...
  5. M

Soap Box club

I thought you guys might appreciate some pictures of the carts in our local soapbox club. This one met a bridge: spring 2011 348 by Muse For Misery, on Flickr spring 2011 375 by Muse For Misery, on Flickr This is how most of them started out, after getting roll cages but...
  6. M

WTB: Warrior axle

Need a rear (or front if they are the same) axle for a baja warrior. I'd tell you what I did to mine but then I'd feel stupid. Thanks!
  7. M

Clutch recommendation - 15hp

For my build I'm running a gx420 clone but leaving the governor/rod/flywheel all stock. This should put me at about 15hp, and with my long gearing about 60mph. This is more of a cruiser though, and not a drag bike. Which is, of course, way too much for my stock clutch. I took it out for it's...
  8. M

420 Chain

I bought more chain than I needed, so I have an extra unopened box of EK 420 SR. Unlike my Chinese-quality chain which stretched an inch every mile I road it, this handles 15hp like a champ. I paid 22$, looking for most of that back. EK 420 SR, Heavy Duty, 120 links for $20 shipped (Less than...
  9. M

Torque Converter, Stock warrior motor, Jackshaft

I'm well and truly committed to my 15hp / 420cc build, so I'm trying to offload some of the old parts to get some change and some room in my garage. I have a GTC TC2 that I ran for a month before deciding that 45mph wasn't quite enough for me. It's still in beautiful shape. I bought it as...
  10. M

Baja Sprockets

I'm ordering a 36T sprocket for my baja. The catch is that the site I'm ordering from has a 50$ minimum. So if two+ other people wanted to get some in various sizes, 41 Chain - Weldasprocket on F.C. Mason I'd put in an order, drill them on a press, and ship 'em for 20$. Anyone interested?
  11. M

Getting a Baja Warrior up to 50?

My goal for my warrior is 50, so I can hang with my friends who have gy6 (150cc) scooters while looking cooler than them. Currently: 40mph (gps'd) + TC2 torque converter + air filter made of a car's paper filter in stock case w/ holes drilled + exhaust made from an old 2-stroke muffler...