Search results

1. 1

10hp Tecumseh carb relocation

Hi, I have a 10hp tecumseh I took off a generator to use on my big-wheel bike I'm building. I'd like to move the carb, as it's mounted on the end of a down-swept manifold(?). I'd like it to be higher, due to puddles, etc. Can I just eliminate the intake? I've seen other motors with the carb...
  2. 1

DriveX pack mule with track?

I have enjoyed reading the posts on the earlier topic of 3-wheeled minibikes. I didn't want to hijack the thread in any way, so decided to start a new one to ask specifically about the packmule. I've seen picks of the packmule with the tandem wheel and track set-up. Does anyone have a packmule...
  3. 1

TAV 30 for sale/trade (need 20 series drive)

*****SPF***** I have a TAV 30 that I want to sell or make some sort of trade for a 20-series drive clutch. The TAV is for a 3/4" shaft and has a #40 10-tooth sprocket. I will include some more pics tomorrow. It's the entire setup with belt. It works fine, I just don't like the setup on the...
  4. 1

comet 30 conversion to 20 series?

Okay, I mounted a comet torque-A-verter on my Drivex packmule, keeping both jackshafts, and don't like it. I'm wondering if I can just replace the 30-series fixed plate with a 20-series, instead of waiting to sell the torq-a-verter and then buying a 20-series drive clutch.
  5. 1

Crankshaft drilling adaptor needed

I see an older post where a there was some talk about using a guide to drill a hole in crankshafts to be tapped. Are there any available out there for a 1" shaft? I could sure use one for a older B&S 6hp that isn't drilled or tapped.
  6. 1

Should I jump on it?

These are local to me, but don't know when I'd get to them. I don't know much about these and it seems $50 would be fair for 1 frame, never mind 4! What do you think, guys?:scooter: 4 mini bike frames vintage all USA
  7. 1

comet 30 series driver and driven clutches

I have a Comet 30 driver and driven (7") that are both 3/4" bore. They won't work on my packmule with the engine I have. [Too much distance, can't find a long enough belt]. When I got these I cleaned them up and lubed the driver as prescribed with a dry lube. I will sell these for $125 (shipped)...
  8. 1

TAV needed

I'm looking for a TAV for my packmule project. I bought a 30 series driver and driven, but don't have enough room for it with my present engine. [I can't find a belt long enough to fit. A 6" driven would make it closer, but still tight] So.... I'm looking for a TAV unit, but would like to trade...
  9. 1

Source for longer belts?

I'm building a packmule, bought a 30-series clutch system, and a tecumseh 6.5. My problem is I can't find a source for a belt long enough for this set-up. The driven clutch is a 7", and the closest I can get the center to center distance is 13". I guess I may have to give up the 7" for a 6"...
  10. 1

Correct clutch for tote gote model B?

I just got a salsbury 500 clutch off ebay, hoping it's right for my tote gote. It has a 3/4" straight, keyed bore, but the last part of the shaft (which does not go on to the engine shaft) is threaded. What are the threads for? Do I ignore the threads and use a bolt/washer to attach it to the...
  11. 1

Anyone make jackshaft bearing brackets

I have a packmule project I'm working on and was just going to fabricate some jackshaft bearing mounting brackets, but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows where to buy them? I need ones like in this pic. Thanks!:grind:
  12. 1

to rebuild or transform a gote?

Okay, so I picked up a rough tote gote on craigslist. This will end up in the "projects" section eventually. I haven't tried to motor (5hp briggs), The clutch is all loose and appears to be missing a cover. The jackshafts are in place, the front brake is present, but missing the actuator arm...
  13. 1

comet 20 series

I'm looking for a comet 20 series drive and driven clutch for my project. I need them for 3/4" shaft. :smile:
  14. 1

Pack mule owners: what's your gearing?

I have two pack mules, one running and one project. The project needs the entire front jack-shaft and a drive pulley. My runner has: 5" variable drive pulley 1st jackshaft: 6" driven pulley and 21-tooth 3.5" diam gear 2nd jackshaft: 40-tooth 6.5" diam gear and 10-tooth 2.5" diam gear...
  15. 1

power sport 6.5 crank end play

I have a pack mule with a tecumseh power sport 6.5 and I've notice it has quite a bit of crankshaft end-play. I didn't measure, but estimate 1/16" or so. There is no wobble. How is the end-play adjusted on these?:shrug: Is it just by using a thinner gasket? Thanks!
  16. 1

Need help: mounting clutch on older B&S

I have an older B&S 6hp with a 1" threaded shaft. Are drive clutches made specifically for threaded shafts, or do I need to have it ground smooth? Can I just cut a keyway and drill and tap the end of the shaft? Oh, and could I turn the shaft down to 3/4" or should I leave it at 1"? I'm thinking...
  17. 1

Identify this motor?

I just picked up a briggs and stratton motor: Model 142332 type 0191 01. It seems to start up and run good but I have no idea what H.P. it is. Any help?
  18. 1

noob jackshaft/gearing question

Okay, I've recently acquired a couple of driveX pack mules, one complete and one a project (needs a jack shaft, gear, riven pulley and drive pulley/clutch). My question is: why the use of two jackshafts vs one? I figure it has to do with getting a lower gearing, but is there that much...
  19. 1

driveX pack mule?

Hi, I just picked this up a couple weeks ago and have a couple of questions: 1. Is this a driveX pack mule? 2. The final drive chain seems a little sloppy: is this normal? 3. Did these originally come with a belt/clutch system? 4. It looks to me that a previous owner welded a thin plate with...
  20. 1

swap meets in Oregon?

I'm wondering how to find out about swap meets in Oregon? Just getting into this and would like to go to one.