Search results

1. R

Suzuki MT-50 Trailhopper Build

Correct, lacking a manual clutch, the only option is to press or pull the shift pedal. I have tried letting off the throttle before a shift, I have tried shifting at lower and higher rpm's...nothing makes a bit of difference...it bangs in hard. The manual specs 10w30 for the gear case. The...
  2. R

Suzuki MT-50 Trailhopper motor

Great to know, thank you sir! I'm using Amsoil 2 stroke oil in it since I've always used it in my 2 stroke lawn power equipment. Do you premix 20/1 or 32/1? Thank you.
  3. R

Suzuki MT50 Trailhopper Standard Piston

Looking for the standard size piston for a 71-73 Suzuki Trailhopper MT-50. Prefer NOS. Part number is: 12110-19600. Thank you.
  4. R

Suzuki MT-50 Trailhopper motor

I just finished restoring my 71 Suzuki Trailhopper. This is a CCI oil injection pump system. The original oil pump had shot craps, so I got another Mikuni pump, and re-did the seals and got it pumping fine. What I'm not sure of is the check valves used in the oil lines. I assume they are working...
  5. R

Suzuki MT-50 Trailhopper Build

Hello, I have rebuilt a 71 Suzuki Trailhopper and was hoping to find some folks here with insight on my questions. First thing I noticed upon riding is the 3 speed automatic shifts VERY HARD between gears. It operates quietly, and engages at about 2000 rpm as it should, and shifts easily up and...
  6. R

Freeking Ebay Again?

How in pity's sake are they NOT making money as it's currently run? This is just greed stepping in to get more loot. Yeah, everyone boycot them and I'll start my own version of e-bay.