Suzuki MT-50 Trailhopper motor

I just finished restoring my 71 Suzuki Trailhopper. This is a CCI oil injection pump system. The original oil pump had shot craps, so I got another Mikuni pump, and re-did the seals and got it pumping fine. What I'm not sure of is the check valves used in the oil lines. I assume they are working as I can force oil through both lines manually using the priming ports. Are the check valves there only to prevent oil bleed back? Also, I am running a 20/1 premix in the gas tank as a safety precaution. Is there any harm in over-oiling as long as it runs fine? Some people say CCI engines cannot run premix and lubricate the engine crank and con rod. Is that true or false?

Attachments

1971_MB1A

I just finished restoring my 71 Suzuki Trailhopper. This is a CCI oil injection pump system. The original oil pump had shot craps, so I got another Mikuni pump, and re-did the seals and got it pumping fine. What I'm not sure of is the check valves used in the oil lines. I assume they are working as I can force oil through both lines manually using the priming ports. Are the check valves there only to prevent oil bleed back? Also, I am running a 20/1 premix in the gas tank as a safety precaution. Is there any harm in over-oiling as long as it runs fine? Some people say CCI engines cannot run premix and lubricate the engine crank and con rod. Is that true or false?
For the past 25 or so years I have been pre mixing mine and it still runs like a champ. I never count on those original oil pump set ups. I've even used both the oil injection set up in addition to pre mix on my Kaw 75 and it smokes a bit but has ran like a champ also for 25 or so years and it's never even fouled a spark plug yet. I run golden spectro in mine.

For the past 25 or so years I have been pre mixing mine and it still runs like a champ. I never count on those original oil pump set ups. I've even used both the oil injection set up in addition to pre mix on my Kaw 75 and it smokes a bit but has ran like a champ also for 25 or so years and it's never even fouled a spark plug yet. I run golden spectro in mine.
Great to know, thank you sir! I'm using Amsoil 2 stroke oil in it since I've always used it in my 2 stroke lawn power equipment. Do you premix 20/1 or 32/1? Thank you.