Search results

1. M

Rubber mounts

Yeah, Buchheit rules! BTW, is your #41 also US made?
  2. M

Rubber mounts

Wow! Real Made in USA stuff! Buchheit here I come. Thanks Dennis.
  3. M

Rubber mounts

Thanks guys. I kind of figured the mounts might have to go. I think the chain is stretching some as well, because it's not the bolts sliding back. I know they all stretch some, but anybody got a suggestion on where to get a good #41 chain?
  4. M

Rubber mounts

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on rubber mounts for the engine. I have them on mine, and I can't seem to keep tension on the chain very well. I'll adjust it to almost zero slack (correct?), and after riding for a while, it gets really loose. It seems to make the bike buck when I get...
  5. M

The Purple Cyclops

It's 5" tubing.
  6. M

The Purple Cyclops

Just an update. Deezildennis found a mini like mine on ebay. Evidently the bike is called a Hornet. I checked the photo and sure enough, that is it. So I guess I have to change the name to "The Purple Hornet". I like that. Doesn't matter too much, but nice to finally know exactly what this thing...
  7. M

The Purple Cyclops

LOL! Don't worry, bud. I am already in the process of "knockin' the new off her"!:hammer: Besides, if I don't, I'm sure my kids will!
  8. M

The Purple Cyclops

Thanks again, all. And thanks for posting that "before" pic, Dennis. I owe you one for turning me on to this bike, and this site. As much as I hate to lose, it was an absolute blast watching you pull on me at 40 mph at Monster Mopar Weekend on the return road of the dragstrip. Fun!!!
  9. M

The Purple Cyclops

Thanks for the props, guys. Zip, the brake setup leaves a little to be desired. I was kind of disappointed with it's overall power. It is a mtn. bike setup that I got for cheap. I'll check on the name of the place, and try to get some more detailed photos if you're still interested. Shelby, it...
  10. M

The Purple Cyclops

Hey all! I haven't posted for a while, but I finally got it finished. I call it the Purple Cyclops. I don't know if it is actually a Cyclops mini, but that is the closest I could come to identifying it. It's a custom now anyway, so who cares! Hope you like it, because I couldn't be happier with...
  11. Purple Cyclops

Purple Cyclops

My finished(?) project!
  12. Purple Cyclops

Purple Cyclops

My finished(?) project!
  13. Purple Cyclops

Purple Cyclops

My finished(?) project!
  14. M

Tec. H60 hop ups

Thanks for the tips, man. I also have a 6hp OHV Tec. Would your advice be the same for it? Have you ever rigged up a throttle assy. on one of these? Is the hookup the same as for the H60?
  15. M

Tec. H60 hop ups

Hey all. Been on before, but not for a while. Just curious about simple hop ups for my H60. I've added a K+N filter, and freed up the exhaust with a shorty silencer off a dirtbike. What are some other easy hop ups to get some more hp out of it? Governor mods? Rejetting the carb? Any help...
  16. M

My new toy

Looks good, man. BTW, what kind of carrier are you using to attach your sprocket to those wheels? I was wanting to use them, but I couldn't find one.
  17. M

Upgraded chain size

Thanks, guys. Personally, I always try to buy USA, but that is getting to be like a needle in a haystack anymore. This is going to become a huge problem for this country in the future, but that is another topic for another time. (Don't get me started).:mad2:
  18. M

Bushings for str. shaft

Yeah, I love wild colors. I haven't been able to pull off choosing purple for any of my larger projects, so I figured I'd run it up the flagpole on the mini!:cool2: This thing is definately going to be different (like it's owner:out: ), kind of retro meets modern (heavy on the retro). I'll post...
  19. M

Generator on Tecumseh

I'm very interested in this setup. You have a pm, Ruppparts.
  20. M

Upgraded chain size

Hey, Ruppparts. You aren't too far from me, I'm in Oakville. What brand of chain have you had good luck with?