Search results

1. ghetto_sled

Eastern Pa mini bike hang out #2

Any word?
  2. ghetto_sled

I don't know if your wife would appreciate you having a date for the meet:laugh:
  3. ghetto_sled

As long as I have enough notice to arrange my work day accordingly you can count me in. Or if its a Sunday I'm always free. Stupid Saturday work days....
  4. ghetto_sled

Finally done!

Ive been using skateboard wheels forever in just the same way, even on some of my chopper street bike builds. Depending on the compound they work as good if not better than the stock ones, and the skateboard bearings can be easily replaced, easily cleaned, and super fast!
  5. ghetto_sled

I missed out too. Next time ill have to pay attention ahead of time so I can schedule work appropriately. I fired up my three and did a few laps in your honor though.
  6. ghetto_sled

There's a 40/60 chance ill be able to make it. On a side note I think I have a problem...... I've bought three mini bikes in the past ten days....
  7. ghetto_sled

Sounds good to me! Hope to get there sooner if possible. And for the record I can't stand pbr! But I know a lot of motor heads large and small do. Best thing about mini biking is I don't need a truck, already had two in my back seat!
  8. ghetto_sled

Is this like a 5-10 guys standing in an alley popping pbr's or 20-30 guys.....standing in an alley popping pbr's lol. wondering if its worth the hour drive. I need local-ish connections! And maybe someone can help me identify "little red". Also- noon till? I wouldn't get there till maybe 3:30...
  9. ghetto_sled

identification help? seller falsely identified.

now that I know how the forum works I realize this should have been in the "what is it" category :facepalm: no way to move it I guess.
  10. ghetto_sled

Took seat off, seems there was a sticker that's long gone, same as the sticker on clutch guard :(
  11. ghetto_sled

It may help to add that the bike was found on the east coast. Not saying it originated here but chances are it did. I will try to take detailed pictures tomorrow.
  12. ghetto_sled

Similar, but foot pegs in a different place and not the same brake. It's driving me insane but I love the challenge!
  13. ghetto_sled

Awesome guide to modding Briggs 5 hp flatheads

I think he got away without using a check valve because the diameter of a brake line would seem to me to be much smaller than the vacuum line originally re-directing the gasses in the first place, which in my mind would seem to negate any benefits of this setup? It's just my first thought. I...
  14. ghetto_sled

I had about ten free minutes in my day today that I should have used to take pictures, buuuuuuuuut I couldn't resist pulling that cord and ripping around the parking lot! Tomorrow I will have to set some time aside and take some detailed pics. If I look under the seat and find secret info I owe...
  15. ghetto_sled

soooooooo this is where i'm at (after tearing around the parking lot like a kid on Christmas morning) the only identifying characteristic is front left of engine mount pan has a serial number stamped in it. Still trying to figure out what it is!
  16. ghetto_sled

Trail horse brakes

mine work just fine! Was just doing laps around work on it this morning.
  17. ghetto_sled

1970 Sears Puncher 100% original barn find

I would have peed my pants if I came across that! And you're not too far from me so I think some of our craigslist scouring is on common turf:2guns: lol. hope to beat you to some good finds! And maybe run into you one day and talk shop. Awesome find!
  18. ghetto_sled

Update: bike is currently in my back seat on our way home. The rear brake is the type where the paddle just pushes against the rear tire if that helps. The owner said the older man he got it from claimed to have bought it new in 1969 when he was in college an never changed motors or any parts...
  19. ghetto_sled

the tank location and cas cap etc make me think it was from a lil indian though, plus maybe theres an old sticker on it leading the owner to think that's what it was, but the frame sure looks like a taco. either way theyre both good names, and if its a frankenbike, at least its a good...