Search results

1. hodginsa

CAD project. - Creating my Cat 350SS

Haha if the dimensions were perfect maybe.. But they will be open source!
  2. hodginsa

CAD project. - Creating my Cat 350SS

I have been posting this in my build thread, but maybe Ill start one here. Doing a CAD model of my minibike just for kicks, and also to possible make some brake brackets and things easier. Heres the original Cat brake I'm going to get redone. Got this far yesterday and heres...
  3. hodginsa

First Bike! - Cat 350SS - Confirmed!

Also, a little teaser of something I'm working on for fun.
  4. hodginsa

I ran the air filter for a bit, its pretty much self clearancing, once the rubber burns away, should be good! Also I'm thinking of sending this off to my CNC friend. Its the passive side of the Cat brake. On the left is the old one, as you can see >1mm has been ground away from not having a...
  5. hodginsa

:laugh: It came bent already, then I had to bend it a bit more to clear my exhaust. It does look bend just about every direction. So I ordered one of the calipers from OldMiniBikes and got my friend to machine the caliper flat on the one side(pictures soon). I go to mount it on, but it doesn't fit...
  6. hodginsa

New Carb from Amazon. New Fuel line, made from copper piping. Going to see how well it lasts, thought it looked cool. Was temporary because I couldn't find a 90 degree fitting, probably will make it more permanent. Velocity Stack! Got this for a filter since my engine didn't come...
  7. hodginsa

Some stuff arrived today! and after messing about... ! Its far from perfect, paint could be better, stuff could be cleaner, but for where I did this clean up, I think its pretty damn good. I had a porch and non of my real tools! I like the rustic look of the beat up, chipped and...
  8. hodginsa

Looks like I've got some designing to do.. I'm an automotive engineer that specializes in CAD designs, maybe I can create something. I was planning on modelling the whole bike just for kicks, so that should help. There is definitely a way to incorporate those 5 rim bolts to a rotor. Hmm that...
  9. hodginsa

The new ones don't even look they're floating. The old original I have has those odd loose bolts to make it a floating caliper. Maybe I will go hydro if I'm going to have to change it anyway. I guess the best thing would be to add a rear rotor to the non sprocket side. I don't have any means of...
  10. hodginsa

7 Frames and 3 Engines - Mt Vernon, Ohio

7 mini bikes and 3 motors. I wish I had the room.
  11. hodginsa

Hmm, I don't really have any grinding tools here with me, could it be done with a file? haha I actually have the original brake, but someone ran it without the inside brake pad for probably 10 years and wore it down so much there is no longer an insert spot to put a new brake pad, its just...
  12. hodginsa

Will a brake caliper from OldMiniBikes bolt right up to my stock rotor/sprocket? I was thinking even going hydro if the hydro caliper works.
  13. hodginsa

Awesome! Anything else it tells me? Got most of the stuff painted today in my home made porch paint booth. Parts should be here friday and then assemble!
  14. hodginsa

7025495 Had to sand off some fresh paint haha
  15. hodginsa

I wish I could but I have no idea where it would be. I just spent two days sanding it and I didn't come across one.. Where should I look?
  16. hodginsa

Heres the first coat, to give you an idea of the colour, or lack there of!
  17. hodginsa

No hose... On a porch haha. I have a sandblaster, it's no fun to use, I also have a guy that would probably do it for $25 but both of them are at my house in Canada. Yeah you're probably right on the stripper, just don't want to delve into the chemicals at this place. The sanding will leave my...
  18. hodginsa

I would love to go that route. But my current working situation isn't best suited for working with noxious chemicals. I'm in temp housing while on a coop and I think I'm breaching the limit of what I should be doing here already hahaha. The brake fluid is for the spring and chromed caps(they...
  19. hodginsa

So much sanding... So many paint ripples. Does help that I'm doing this at a temp housing on the porch cause there is nowhere else.
  20. hodginsa

So whoever painted the chrome handle bars really messed them up, I spend about 2 hours sanding off the paint, which had become rust somehow. There are some remnants of chrome left underneath. Should suffice for now, but I really want to find a straight set of bars.