Search results

1. bikesandcars

review of new comet 20 TC vs Rupp original (TC1)

I upgraded the Rupp original Torque converter on my predator 212 Rupp Enduro last weekend. I replaced it with a 5/8" belt Comet 20 type from ruppparts.com Before the swap I was annoyed that the engine wouldn't idle low enough to prevent the Rupp TC from engaging. The original TC was also...
  2. bikesandcars

making my own suspensioned minibike, anyone do it?

I'm thinking of making my own suspensioned minibike some time in the next year. I'd like to use a Honda 50 triple tree and rear swingarm but make a custom frame and use a honda clone engine with a TC drive. Has anyone done this? It seems like it would be a fun project. I don't have...
  3. bikesandcars

how do you tell between an "old" predator and a "new" predator?

I am thinking of doing a transplant on my minibike because my stock engine requires a full rebuild. I looked at my local Harbor Freight and they have the predator 212 on sale for $119 I then searched the interweb to see what goodies are available, and all the honda clone parts say for the...
  4. bikesandcars

Need help with rupp Tecumseh hs40 tuning

When I first started working on the minibike it didn't run at all. First thing I checked was spark, it had none. After doing research and trying to fix what was there I assumed the condenser / coil was bad. I ordered a Mega Fire II ignition and a new coil and that seemed to solve that...
  5. bikesandcars

How can I identify a Rupp?

I thought I learned a few things after searching the interweb and here, but the more I learn the more I find I don't know. I have an early 70's style rupp (suspensioned type) that I can't identify (year or specific model). It has no headlight, no headlight brackets, no kill switch, non...
  6. bikesandcars

Rupp minibike ignition questions tecumseh hs40

I am bringing my rupp minibike out of retirement (after 20 years of sitting and a lot longer of not running right). It's a Rupp sportster style, with the stock engine (tecumseh hs40 I believe). It was messed with by a few family members in the past and so I have no idea how much it was...