Search results

1. R

Lil' Indian model?

Picked up this junk last weekend at Symco. Can anyone give me an idea of what model this may have been? I know the head tube spring has been removed and the rear dropouts moved. I'd like to put to back similar to the way it was when new.
  2. R

Grand Prix Mini Bike $800 OBO

Grand Prix Mini Bike Completely rebuilt 10hp Tecumseh, ported block, ARC billet connecting rod. Hillard Inferno clutch 10'' wheels Front and rear hydraulic disc brakes Custom gas tank Wheelie bars with adjustable heim joints Powder coated frame Tons of mods to this mini bike, too much...
  3. R

What is it.....?

I am looking at picking this up, what is it? Anything good? Handlebar looks like it is off a Schwinn cruiser and clearly the gas tank isn't stock.... what about the wheels?
  4. R

Copper Head gasket for HM100

Does anyone know a source for a Copper Head gasket for HM100? I am looking to get a little more out of my old Tecumseh
  5. R

Foremost Golden Pinto $500

Foremost Golden Pinto Mini Bike Fresh Briggs and Stratton 5hp New tires and tubes, New Hilliard Extreme Duty Clutch New chain New seat This minibike is about as nice as they get, lots of new parts, engine and carburetor have been rebuilt. Starts and runs great! $500 CASH, Located in Madison...
  6. R

Difference between 5.5 and 5hp flatheads

I picked this 5.5hp flat head today for $40..... its a good runner. I ran the numbers and it's a 1998, plain bearing block. Decal says cast iron sleeve. What is the difference between this and a normal 5hp? Is the bore and stroke the same? Camshaft? Carburetor difference perhaps?
  7. R

WTB: Briggs 5hp pulsa jet adjustable carb.

I am looking for a Briggs carb, part number 397135. Pulsa jet adjustable carb, with choke. Thanks, Justin
  8. R

Foremost Golden Pinto Redux

Picked this frame up from a buddy for $40, Hopefully I can get it together before Symco. It's not going to be 100% original but I am going to try for a stock look. I also pick up this working home made generator with a good running 5hp Briggs for $45 Over the weekend I was able to make...
  9. R

Golden Pinto?

Is this a Golden Pinto? Made by Bird Engineering? Its missing the kickstand, and both fenders and I am not sure if the plate on the top tube is original...
  10. R

Tecumseh HM100 part thottle issues

I have a fresh rebuilt Tecumseh HM100 and a new carburetor and I am having trouble getting it to run correct. The engine has a stock carb/linkage/governor. It starts and idles fine however once under load it bogs hard and sometimes dies. Engine has an ARC rod, valves and seats have been ground...
  11. R

Rupp Roadster Ad..

While digging through boxes of old ad's at work I came across this...Pretty rad.
  12. R

Used Piston Question...

Any issue with reusing with piston? Are the scratches on the skirt worth worrying about? I already ran a scotch brite over them. I had just planned on ball honing the cylinder and re-ringing it.
  13. R

8hp Intek Pro questions...

So I picked up this Briggs 8hp Intek Pro for $60 today. I have a few questions.. What CC is engine? 305cc? Does it have a cast iron sleeve? Are there top plates/throttle kits available for this model? Does it share any parts with the Animal? It seems physically big and has a 1'' shaft which...
  14. R

WTB Tecumseh HM-80

Boom.... and things you should never have to pickup off the road...
  15. R

Velocity Stack....

Looking for a velocity stack for my HM80, anyone know of someone out there that makes one? Carb P/N:632334A or 632370A Oregon carb P/N:50-642 or 50-663
  16. R

New Build.

Started this build this week, not sure on what the frame is. Anyone happen to know? 10'' wheels.... just picked up new 3.50x10 rubber today. It's getting a Tecumseh HM-80. I ordered up wheel bearings, jack shaft kit and a rear axle from OldMiniBikes, hopefully they'll be here tomorrow. rough mock...
  17. R

Tecumseh HM80 governor removal?

I currently have a HM80 that is going into a minibike project and have a few questions. In general I know that removing the governor isn't the best idea, but how do these engines fair if the governor is removed? I know I need to remove it completely from the inside of the case etc. Is...