Search results

1. gran_pann

Last chance to get this manco thunderbird

The charity raffle is closing at midnight tonight. I completely restored this manco thunderbird and rebuilt the Tecumseh ohh60 engine. Would make a great show piece, or ride it. Its nice, fast, and all donations help counsel teens in crisis. Check it out here: https://teenlife.rallyup.com/minibike
  2. gran_pann

Street Cruiser Mini Bike Charity Raffle

Hello everyone, this is Grant. I have a little youtube channel and for those that follow the facebook page, muscle mini bike builds, you will recognize this beautiful mini bike as one of the top winners in the build off. I've had some recent life changes that have prompted me to give this mini...
  3. gran_pann

Broken Flywheel or Connecting Rod?

Have you ever broken your connecting rod or flywheel? Im gathering pictures and videos for an upcoming compilation about this topic. If you want your pics/videos to be featured, upload them here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj7iPTQMRAQRgl1E4mvqEBJ7Sur4 Also, let me know anything about how or why it...
  4. gran_pann

predator 212 hemi vs non-hemi

predator 212 hemi vs non-hemi. What are the major differences? Which is better? Does it even matter? Lets hear your opinions. I'll be making a video of this comparison soon and need some input from you all.
  5. gran_pann

Blisters, forks, and recovery

custom rake! haha. I just used a BFH on the concrete curb with mine and they are good to go.
  6. gran_pann

BBQJoe's Baja fork suspension mod

good fix! Im still going to try and separate my shocks and replace seals and threadlock the bottom bolt.
  7. gran_pann

mini drag bike build questions.

This is all my personal opinion 1) the lighter the rear tire/wheel, the less force it takes to rotate it. Smaller wheels will let the engine rev up faster. 5" are ok, but 6" are good too. Any bigger and you will be at a disadvantage i think 2) chain size isnt too important, as long as clutch...
  8. gran_pann

Win $1000 racing your oldschool mini bike

To all those in the Texas area with a mini bike. Come hang out with us and race mini bikes!!! There was a special class created for this race only. Hope it is okay if I post it up here in the mini bike events section. This is part of the Texas Outlaw Mini Bike racing and a special class was...
  9. gran_pann

Baja front suspension replacement???

Thats about as far as i got. Now my forks leak out of the bottom and the seal that needs to be replaced :surrender: My thought is to maybe impact the bottom off, hoping that the impact wrench will do the trick
  10. gran_pann

how do i completely disassemble the front forks? baja warrior/heat

so i have the mb165/older versions of the baja warriors and im sitting here looking at the forks. I changed the oil in them and i tried unscrewing the allen bolt on the bottom of the fork. Is there some special way to take these completely apart? Im having a difficult time.
  11. gran_pann

Baja Warrior Build - Drag Race Build

36in/31ex head coming milled .100. After I CC the head ill see, but it should put me at 14:1 static compression. Ill be running methanol.
  12. gran_pann

Flat Track Racing Engine, Help Me Choose Parts

Currently getting rotating assembly balanced at NR racing. I got the wiseco 3 ring and it has just a tiny bit of pop up, which is NICE!!! The lifters barely had any clearance to the block, but ther was a bit of wiggle room there, and the rod was already clearanced as built, so that was nice as...
  13. gran_pann

Baja Warrior Build - Drag Race Build

yep, so i ran the bike a lot and got it up to speed (60-65ish mph) it has too much torque for the driven unit on the torque converter when it is in 'overdrive' so the belt slips on the driven unit. I will see about increasing driven spring tension to keep more clamping force on the belt I also...
  14. gran_pann

Carter Brothers Shortster - Who has one, and can i get a pic of how the seat attaches

Okay, going with some bright colors here. Black, green, and orange will eventually be what I paint the bike with. The seat came out okay. I couldn't get the back part to look right, but the rest looks good! Thanks again for the pics doc. Helped out a bunch.
  15. gran_pann

Carter Brothers Shortster - Who has one, and can i get a pic of how the seat attaches

Doc! Oh my gosh, yes that helps a ton! Looks like you have added a few things to yours, the windscreen and saddle bags make it look even more like a legit motorcycle. This is a pretty ugly mini bike, i do agree with that. I just like the ugly of it though. That, and it has decent tires for dirt...
  16. gran_pann

Best Carb for my mild modified 212cc hemi predator engine ?

Id make returning the carb your #1 priority. So pretty much everyone agrees that the 22mm carb is the way to go on the gx200/predator 212. If you are doing an open build (you know the ones where you have a race kart that ONLY runs at 5-9k rpm, then the 27/28mm carbs would be good for ONLY high...
  17. gran_pann

I picked up a carter brothers shortster a couple of weeks ago, and am getting around to the seat. I have seen pictures of the bike and one video on youtube, but i cant see how the seat is attached. Now, i have done a few seats in the past, and I get the whole T-nut thing, but this frame is a...
  18. gran_pann

Tecumseh 6.5 hp OHV with charge coil DFW, Texas

Engine only for sale. I pulled this tecumseh 6.5 from a carter brothers shortster mini bike. Missing air filter, missing pull start. ENGINE ONLY I cleaned the carb, but i cant get it to idle. revs nicely. Stock engine. I might have missed something on the idle circuit when i got the carb...
  19. gran_pann

shocks bottoming out

Hi all, I have a Baja Warrior (black one with plastic gas tank). The shocks bottom out, bad, like bad enough for the fender bolts to scrape the tread every time it bottoms out. I recently put about 51 cc's of Lucas 15 weight synthetic fork oil in my Baja Heat front forks (different...