Search results

1. H

Tecumseh star vs. Hm100

The cam gears are different between the two: The star engine has straight cut gears while the HM engines are helical gears. Mike at precision cams will grind the star cam 703 profile on a HM100 cam though.
  2. H

How many RPM can stock GX340 handle?

I've searched for a flywheel like that for my 420 predator and found nothing with magnets for the charge coil. I think you can bolt a starter ring onto a recoil billet flywheel, but don't quote me on that.
  3. H

Hs50

I had an hs40 that came of a snowblower with a 1" shaft like that. It was more cost effective to buy a 3/4" crank than to buy a 1" clutch. The crank I got wasn't threaded for a bolt at the end, but a drill and tap fixed that.
  4. H

OHH compatible cams????

Check this out: New Tecumseh Dyno Cams Camshaft 255 OHV 5 5 HP Race Kart Parts | eBay That seller has a huge stash of old Tecumseh performance parts, take a look at his other items too. I've purchased a couple of parts from him, including a 245 cam that's in my hs40. The cam I linked will fit...
  5. H

Performance or stock?

That's an awesome setup! Any ideas where that oil pump equipped side cover came from? I would love to track one down for my little Tecumseh.
  6. H

HS40 Billet Rod

Do you run a billet flywheel as well? If so, which one?
  7. H

Predator engine question

I sense some rustled jimmies. Chad, I apologize if you feel that I was trying to correct or override you. Your response had yet to show up when I began putting together mine.
  8. H

HS40 Billet Rod

I'm doing a hop up of an HS40 at the moment and I wanted to report my findings on billet connecting rods for these engines. Nowadays, nobody sells new billet connecting rods designed for the HS40, along with its under bored and over bored siblings, the H35 and HS50. ARC racing does sell a billet...
  9. H

Predator engine question

Speaking as a HFT employee, they are all functionally the same. Each one will make at least 6.5 HP. Speaking as a mini bike enthusiast, the differences lie in the cylinder head and emissions controls. The 69727 and 69730 are pretty much the same model, except 69727 is CARB and EPA compliant...
  10. H

79cc Predator Jet Size?

I believe the stock jet size is 58. If you're looking for upgrades, Affordablegokarts is the best and pretty much the only source for performance parts for the 79cc.
  11. H

GX390/Predator 420 Performance Cam in Hemi 420?

I couldn't find much of anything on dimensions, but if you could measure your GX340 cam and post the results, I'll do the same with my hemi cam!
  12. H

GX390/Predator 420 Performance Cam in Hemi 420?

I never physically installed a performance cam for my 420. At the moment, other, less important, areas of life are drawing me away from my karting hobby. I do believe that a cam made for a GX390 will fit the hemi predator, though I have not been able to verify that.
  13. H

Tractor project: Best 3600rpm torque cam?

I think it's a Wheel Horse 605. Pull start Tecumseh H60. I'd like to repaint it and personalize it a bit. I was thinking of painting it matte black or maybe something more crazy like bright green. I was already considering a nice long tractor header. Unlike the big blocks, there doesn't seem to...
  14. H

Tractor project: Best 3600rpm torque cam?

I'm working on a project right now with an old tractor that came from the factory with a 6hp tecumseh. The engine is junk and I'm going to put a 212 hemi predator I have laying around on it. 6.5hp is 0.5 more than stock, but I'd like to squeeze as much torque out of this engine at 3600 rpms as...
  15. H

My New (To Me) MTD Minibike!

I picked up this MTD minibike today along with an old Kohler K91. The previous owner was a lifelong minibike enthusiast; He completely restored it, new paint, bearings, everything. The engine isn't original, but I believe it's the same model engine as was on there originally, a Tecumseh H50. It...
  16. H

Harbor freight coupon question

Harbor Freight cashier here :thumbsup: You can certainly use a 20% or 25% off on an engine. The only restriction is that you can't use a percent off coupon in conjunction with a price coupon. For example, I often see $99 212cc coupons. You can't use the $99 coupon along with the 20% coupon.
  17. H

Billet Flywheel with Electric and Recoil Start

It looks like I may be able to use a 6623 ARC Billet Flywheel and then buy ARC's starter ring made for the 6622 flywheel, if the mounting holes for the ring gear are present on the recoil only 6623 flywheel. Can anybody confirm the presence of the mounting holes on the 6623 flywheel?
  18. H

Billet Flywheel with Electric and Recoil Start

I'm looking for a billet flywheel for my 420cc predator that has both electric and recoil start, like the stock flywheel. So far all I've found are one or the other. Adjustable timing is not a concern for me.
  19. H

Predator 420 carb leaking

It was the needle valve sticking! I pulled the carb bowl apart and when I removed the float and needle, a chunk of debris was on the needle. No fuel leaks now. I appreciate the help!
  20. H

Predator 420 carb leaking

I can't seem to find what's causing the carb to leak. It will slowly drip fuel from the float bowl until the entire tank is drained onto the ground. Thus far, I've tried changing the fuel shutoff valve gasket, the float bowl gasket, and the three carb gaskets with no success.