Search results

1. J

Lil Indian For Sale

Selling my Lil Indian now that its done. It's a fun ride and fast! I like bringing them back to life so time to move on to my next "patient." Will consider offers. https://www.ebay.com/itm/112989020762?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  2. J

Painting my old Briggs engine

I need some help from the pros here on OldMiniBikes! How clean do you need to get an engine before painting? I know the cleaner/smoother then the better the final finish, but do you need to take off ALL the old paint? What's the best method? chemical? wire brush? drill attachment? Thanks for...
  3. J

Extending a Crankshaft?

So still working on my 1966 Lil Indian. Several months ago I found a age appropriate B&S 5hp engine. I was thrilled! Fast forward to this week when I was getting it ready for installation... the crankshaft that extends from the engine on which the clutch mounts is only 1 1/4" long... not 2+"...
  4. J

"Lil Indian" painted on the back of the seat.

There is a Lil Indian minibike currently on Ebay that has "Lil Indian" painted on the back of the seat. Was this common practice? Vintage Used Lil Indian Minibike Late 1960's Lil Indian Ruttman Bonanza Fox | eBay
  5. J

LOL at what this guy is selling!

Forget the fact that he called a Baja a "Baka", look at the model name! Baka mini bike I think that model name is what my parents did every time I went out on my mini bike!:scooter:
  6. J

Auction - Estate of Wayne Keller - Huge mini bike collection Carlisle PA May 1 & 2

He was the gentleman who sold me the Lil Indian that I am restoring. He also told me about this board! RIP Sir... The photos of everything he has are just overwhelming. Looks like the mini bike items will be on Saturday. I'll probably be there for some of the time. Anyone else attending...
  7. J

What is this??

Old mini bike (runs) needs little to ride
  8. J

Removing Old Tires from 2 Piece Rims Help Please!

So the work on my 1960's Lil Indian continues. I am now trying to get the old (probably original), dry-rotted tires off of the 2 piece rims without damaging the rims. I've taken all the bolts out and even carefully tried a pry bar. It seems that age has stuck the tires to the lips of the...
  9. J

Jackshaft Removal Help Please - Lil Indian

So I'm prepping my Lil Indian with the hope of getting it to the paint shop in a week or so. It is now time to remove the jackshaft, and I don't want to break anything! I plan to buy new bearings, but how is the best way to remove the jackshaft? :out:
  10. J

Lil Indian Brake Replacement/Substitute??

Does anyone know if the item for sale here on Ebay will bolt onto a 1960's Lil Indian 6000 Grand Series? Brake Caliper Cable Go Kart GoCart Mini Bike Minibike | eBay
  11. J

New to the Forum and My Project: 1960's Lil Indian 6000 Grand

Hello All, I've been lurking on the forum to see what everyone is doing and to also find out more about the bike I'm rebuilding. From what I can tell, it's a 1960's Lil Indian 6000 Grand Series. Probably an earlier one as the u bolts aren't welded to the handlebars. Frame serial number is...