Search results

1. ShapeShifter

Stock Predator Wont Idle

I know you from a different life.....but I dont get the coldcut reference.
  2. ShapeShifter

Stock Predator Wont Idle

Agreed. This is my camping shuttle so 4 or 5 times a year is just not enough...
  3. ShapeShifter

Stock Predator Wont Idle

Thanks! It actually has front suspension, hydraulic brake, and a TC now. This thing has been completely trouble free for a couple of years. I guess its time for some maintenance.
  4. ShapeShifter

Stock Predator Wont Idle

Was running great on 4th of July week. Parked it for a few weeks, then last weekend it only stayed idling with choke on. If I hit throttle with choke off it ran, but only at high speed close to WOT. I made no adjustments after it was parked. Any ideas?
  5. ShapeShifter

Motovox Doodle

They seem to have fallen off the map. I have been trying to contact them for months.
  6. ShapeShifter

Monster Moto MMB-80 with Predator 212 and Torque Converter

I usually hang on to stuff like this for future builds. But you are number three in line if I decide to sell LOL!
  7. ShapeShifter

Yep, I have two of these - one is threaded, and the other is a slip on. They both say Forestry Approved. I got them on ebay about 8 years ago but I dont remember what I paid for them. I have a bunch of discs for them so I can tune their performance and their sound. The way I have it set up...
  8. ShapeShifter

I am rocking a Supertrapp muffler now! While I am still building the springer front end, I'm running some temporary suspension forks.
  9. ShapeShifter

I un bolted the bottom bolt on the rear fender and swung ust the bottom of the fender rearward. I intended to make a little extender plate to go from the frame hole to the fender hole but I just put a ziptie on there for now. The valve cover barely clears. The position of the engine...
  10. ShapeShifter

Springer Front End Fab for My 212 Monster

Thanks however I'm sure I cant be the first guy to think of it :)
  11. ShapeShifter

Thanks guys! Should make me happy too. I also plan to make a springer seat eventually.
  12. ShapeShifter

I have been modifying a MonsterMoto MMB80. I installed the "big block" and added a torque converter which required some modification to the frame. I love the little bike so much I decided to make some suspension. It's just a simple springer design. I made all the pieces and next...
  13. ShapeShifter

Nothing but Honda's

One of the world famous Elvi.
  14. ShapeShifter

need clutch advice for mmb80 Predator upgrade

Weighted front wheel is not necessary. Just a learned control of the throttle twist, like any overpowered motorcycle. If you ever decide to go the TC route, let me know and I can talk you through how I did it. Me and another guy called Carlo.c over on this forum that did the same thing, I...
  15. ShapeShifter

need clutch advice for mmb80 Predator upgrade

slash, I hope others chime in with their opinions. Using a clutch with the 212 will be fine. You will not notice much difference in 11,12, or 13t sockets, but 11t will climb the best, but you will just have to get used to managing your throttle twisting. A clutch can be grabby, and it can...
  16. ShapeShifter

I used this: 50cc 90cc 110cc 125cc ATV Quad Master Hydraulic Rear Brake Cylinder Lever Assy | eBay But hotrodminibikes has a direct replacement for a few bucks more.
  17. ShapeShifter

I never used a clutch, but I did buy an 11t one. It needs to be 3/4" shaft for the 212. Honestly, there is so much torque, get the biggest sprocket you can find. It wants to wheelie when you twist it, even when moving. If you are constantly on hills, you may want to think about the TC.
  18. ShapeShifter

Hey, Oh yes, the 212 is the engine for this bike. I am keeping the govenor on, there is not reason to take it off. I easily got to over 40mph per a GPS and had LOTS more throttle to twist before I backed down, mainly because I was afraid the cheesy tires would come apart. I live on a sloped...