Search results

1. B

Pred engine flooding issues

cart is running. now I have a pop sound at take off.
  2. B

gokart makes a loud pops at take off

ok I have a live axe Murray explorer. when the kids take off I hear this loud pop. there is no way that I can see to adjust the slack out of the chain. the axle is fixed. the secondary drive shaft is fixed. there is no way to move either sprockets forward or back. but I have about two inches of...
  3. B

ok could not stand it any longer so I went out and messed around. I did take another look at the carb jet and tube. cleaned them out with some wire I had. it was blind luck I found the right diameter. anyway cleaned them out and TAAAA DAAAA it know runs in the run position. as for the belt. well...
  4. B

you know what I order the belt per the owners manual. but that was with a tec. engine. is the belt size different since the original owners did an engine swap?
  5. B

thanks guys. I don't get home until its dark so I have been nickel and diming the small stuff at night. we got the new belt today so I put that on and let the kids test ride it a little. so they would leave me alone about lol. anyway ill look into that carb one more time tomorrow. looks like I...
  6. B

nope that was not it. I relocate the spring no improvement. the throttle shaft now rests against the idle spring. it really sounds good in the run or choke position, but still dies when you give it gas while in the run position, but put it in the choke position and give it gas and you better get...
  7. B

I think this may be my problem the throttle is not resting against the idle screw
  8. B

this pic is the orginal set up. I don't understand the large spring on the top of the throttle arm, must be a young kids jerry rigging
  9. B

Ok hello to you all. this is my first post. I consider myself a very good home mech. I have pulled trans and engines, BUT OMG this pred engine is driving me nuts. history: I got a go cart from a friend, for a father son project. It has a pred 212 engine. It fires up on the first few pulls, but...