Search results

1. D

Mods/conversions for maxtorque clutch

How old I am is none of your business and I'm not going to tell you, but I'm not in my teens or twenties. I did appreciate the help from those who were genuinely trying to help and not being dicks about it. To those people I say thank you. Everyone else.....now I'm done with this thread and...
  2. D

I didn't ask for the video that was posted, nor did I ask how to take one of these apart, but I was still trying to be appreciative of the fact that someone was trying to be helpful. So you know what? Bye Felicia.
  3. D

Hmm, after releasing the throttle, stop the clutch drum from spinning, stop the engine braking?
  4. D

I honestly don't see that being a problem, as the bearings are only taking a load at idle. When the drum is spinning, there would be no load on the bearings. Engine idles around ~2200 rpm, so I don't think that's fast enough for the bearings to eat into the drum.
  5. D

My engine is de-governed, so I'm spinning at least 6k.
  6. D

At first I did not understand you, but now I do. You are correct.
  7. D

How could I get a maxtorque clutch on a two stroke kit engine? 79cc predator is what I'm running.
  8. D

The clutch is on the crankshaft. I misspoke when I said it was on the jackshaft, but there is a jackshaft. What I experienced on my last bike with the same setup is that even when the bushing is well lubricated, I still experienced some engine braking. I found a website that sells all different...
  9. D

OK one more question. I know I can Google this, but if anyone KNOWS the answer, it will be a whole lot easier than sorting through a hundred or more results, most of which won't even be relevant to the actual search terms. Does anyone KNOW if there is such a thing as a 28t freewheel sprocket for...
  10. D

Pardon me, good sir, but would you happen to know of anyone who sells that in an 11tooth for 41 chain, a 10tooth would change my gear ratio. Thanks ks for the video as well. I've actually taken them apart several times, but its still informative for others.
  11. D

Ok next question, the clutch is set up for 35 chain, is there any way I can convert it to 41 chain without welding?
  12. D

Basically, there will always be "that guy". Give a little attitude, and someone else will quickly step in with the right answer. My attitude was a means of facilitating a quicker way to getting someone knowledgeable to answer the question. Everyone lived through it....mostly.
  13. D

You'll live.
  14. D

A little attitude never hurt nobody. I gave some attitude, I got some attitude back. Not sure about you guys, but I still have the same number of limbs and appendages I started with, and all in the same place.
  15. D

I got the answer I needed.
  16. D

For what? Am I supposed to thank you for quoting me?
  17. D

It's already on a jackshaft, engine braking is the problem, no jackshaft or amount of gear reduction will eliminate that.
  18. D

4G T drive bearing conversion - Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum this guy did a bushing to bearing conversion, but in my case I'm not sure if the same conversion is possible. The engine he did it on, the clutch shaft is separate from the crank shaft.
  19. D

So to clarify, you are suggesting I get a better clutch (covered in the OP), and you don't know the answer to my question? Does that about sum it up?
  20. D

I have a genuine maxtorque ss clutch. Yes, I know they are crappy and worthless and there are better clutches out there which I would buy if I could afford them. So now that we've gone over that, I hope it will eliminate all the useless replies telling me to junk it or flaming me for asking for...