Search results

1. P

What frame is this?

Hi there. Keep seeing this frame pop up on Craigslist. Anyone know what kind of frame it is? The guy is asking $50. is it worth it?
  2. P

Any info on this 8hp B&S?

So my friend gave me this motor, and aside from being an 8hp Briggs and Stratton with a 1" output shaft I don't know anything about it. Will this be a good motor for a mini bike project? I plan on running the gear directly on the output shaft and the centrifugal clutch on the jackshaft. Also...
  3. P

Powr kraft 3hp by B&S weather vane governor

I picked up an edger for $20 with the above motor attached. It didn't fire right away but after a quick carb cleaning I got it going nicely. Holds a nice idle and it's nice and responsive to throttle input. I'm new to these motors and was wondering if I could remove the "weather vane" governor...
  4. P

this is probably a dumb question, but, how do I start my briggs engine?

So I pulled a 5hp briggs from a rototiller and I don't know how to start it. It's out of the tiller (and not going back in) it's just the engine, no controls. Do I just add fuel and pull? Pull out the choke first? Open the throttle wide open? Not really sure what to do, any help would be...
  5. P

Hi there! New guy from SoCal.

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Name's Phil. I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to say Hi, plus I wanted to talk about my possible project. So I want to build a mini bike from the ground up, but I'm not really sure where to start, so I am starting from the back...