Search results

1. A

1971 Sears Roper minibike

been a long time sorry guys. since its nearly impossible to get all the chrome parts rechromed, i have gotten the go ahead from the owner (my brother in law) to paint the chrome parts in SPI matte black. hopefully i can start on that this coming weekend. if there are any other ideas as for...
  2. A

New rear rim and sprocket needed

thank you. its ok no rush here, i am from mastic beach. it is mid south shore of long island
  3. A

Bondo question

also if you sandblast bondo, microscopic dust and sand media will get embedded in the bondo and can cause problems down the road. best bet is to just get rid of it
  4. A

Thank you. The sprocket itself is twisted. When you spin the wheel its bad
  5. A

Do you have a pic?
  6. A

Hello. The rear rim on my 1971 sears roper is bad. Turns out that the sprocket is badly bent. Can anyone suggest where i can get a new rim and a bolt on sprocket? The sprocket on the rim now is welded on Dimensions are as follows Rim diameter 6" Rim width 3.5" Sprocket diameter is...
  7. A

Here is the original tecumseh carb rebuild
  8. A

Thank you!
  9. A

Thanks guys. Im having a blast with it. I just put the clutch assembly back together
  10. A

hello all i figured i would start a resto log of my all original 1971 roper. i have been able to save about 99% of the original parts besides the front springs since they were broken and i can not find them anywhere. so i removed the old spring cups and welded in new ones that accommodate for...
  11. A

installing new tire

Thanks guys. I got a set of carlisle tires made in USA And yes they are flat as a pancake lol
  12. A

installing new tire

whats the best way to put a new tire on a rim? i have 4.10 x 3.5-6 tires for a 6" rim. i got them off fairly easy, now im having trouble getting the tire started on the rim. i have a set of tire irons thank you for any ideas
  13. A

valve stem help

got it it was actually very easy with a pair of pliers :)
  14. A

valve stem help

is the re a trick installing valve stems into the hole in the rim? i have the short stems with a seat roundness of about a little over .500" the opening in the rim is a little over .400" should i just grease it up and push it in as hard as i can or is there a stem with a smaller rim seat...
  15. A

chain # size

yes its a #35 i measured per your chart thank you!
  16. A

chain # size

sorry its a 1971 sears roper all original
  17. A

chain # size

hello everyone how do i tell what chain # came off my mini bike? the ones i took off were frozen stiff thank you!
  18. A

Sprocket removal

thanks guys i knocked the bearings out they were dried up and nasty bought new ones and upgraded to a 5/8" axle kit just have to open up the frame axle holes a bit.
  19. A

Sprocket removal

i got the tires off real easy the hard part now is the bearings i tried using a puller but it seems that they are stuck
  20. A

Sprocket removal

The powdercoater can tape off the teeth. They are pretty good with that stuff. Most powdercoater places just sandblast and shoot. The guys i go to can do multicolored panels. They can do custom stuff