Search results

1. MiniDan99

Cyntrifugal clutch washer ?????? (for a 79cc predator )

Where can I get the crankshaft shoulder washer that goes between the clutch and the crank shoulder ? I cant find it, and I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be one. Project: Western Flyer SS300 with a new 79cc predator. Thanks, Dan
  2. MiniDan99

Chain doesnt line up: Western Flyer SS300 gets a 3hp Predator

This is a photo of a bike with the same conversion - don't have a photo of the chain side of the bike. I have a SS300 that needed an engine....so the 3hp Predator seemed the logical choice, but the chain doesn't line up. It almost looks like I need add a jackshaft to make it work. The engine is...
  3. MiniDan99

Valve guide (exhaust) seems loose HSSK50-67394S 5hp

I'm on a small tablet so its hard to search these things so I'm hoping someone knows off-hand. I removed this engine from my snowblower because I thought the head gasket was gone, but nope...it seems to be the absence of any valve lash (exhaust valve only)..which i think i can handle...
  4. MiniDan99

Camshaft lobe orientation

Anyone know the cam lobe orientation in degrees from the dot on a 5hp Briggs engine. Modeling one up in CAD
  5. MiniDan99

Tecumseh carb on a Briggs engine............. (here comes the hate mail)

Before the smart comments and hate mail begin......let me explain - nobody on the internet would do that would they :hammer: I'd like opinions on using a Tecumseh carb on a 5hp flathead Briggs engine. Reasons why I propose such an idea...... a. I dont have any usable Briggs carbs...
  6. MiniDan99

5 hp flat head for my western flyer mini bike project

I've never built an engine before, although I am mechanically handy, however I need some help getting started. Project: Early 70's Western Flyer mini bike I was given a basket case 5 hp Briggs flathead engine that I would like to put together for the project. My question: a: How to...
  7. MiniDan99

Finally got a minibike.........I just don't know what it is ?

We are exited to get our first minibike (the kids and I).....but we just don't know what it is. Seems to be in good condition, but needs an engine. I'd like to know more about it if anyone can help fill in the blanks....make, model, year, appropriate engine & color, seat, etc.... Thanks...