Search results

1. E

Warrior Front Forks

Here are some pics of the new forks. They don't seem as stiff as the old forks. Almost feels like there's no oil in them, just spring pressure.
  2. E

Warrior Front Forks

Got the bike back yesterday. Looks like they just put on new forks and thicker bolts and a lock washer to secure them. Got the bikes home and forks seem like there's no oil in them. Easily compressed by hand. Will post pics after I get home.
  3. E

Warrior Front Forks

Usually it's the forks coming out of the frame because the bolts slip in the detent that's in the fork. As an update, I still haven't gotten my bikes back yet. The local shop had them in two days, but they are still waiting for Baja to pay them for the labour. The shop said that Baja is...
  4. E

Warrior Front Forks

Local shop called middle of last week to set up appointment for the recall repair. Work should be done by this afternoon.
  5. E

Warrior Front Forks

☝ Basically what Charles said above. The Safety link goes into detail about which models were affected by the recall. I just called Baja Motorsports at 1-888-863-2252 . You get an automated phone menu, and I belive option 7 connects you with the line for recalls. I just talked to...
  6. E

Warrior Front Forks

Just a heads up that Baja is still honoring the recall on the black Baja Warrior front forks. I called them 2 weeks ago and they sent replacement forks to a local shop to get replaced. Cheers
  7. E

Trailmaster Front End On Baja Warrior

Anybody try putting the triple tee and front forks from a trailmaster onto a Baja warrior yet? Curious if it or upgrades for a Coleman would be good replacement for Baja's.
  8. E

Hillard Clutch Swap

Thanks for the views, I found a site that sell 420 drums for the Hillard clutch.
  9. E

Hillard Clutch Swap

My son got a great deal on a Hillard Heavy Duty clutch with a 35 chain sprocket . Problem is that his bike has a 420 rear sprocket and chain. Is there any way to change out the clutch sprocket to use 420 chain? Thanks.
  10. E

Baja Warrior Honda XR80 Forks

Hey there, I haven't measured the Honda tubes but they do slide up as far as the stock tubes (about 2 inches). The problem is that there is some kind of seam in the clamps that needs to be reamed out. MB165 talks about it in this thread. Hope this helps. Arthur
  11. E

It's just the photo... Took it with my cell phone and didn't notice until after I posted it. :doah:
  12. E

For those who have never taken their forks out here is a picture of the Baja forks on the bottom and the Honda forks on the top. The Baja fork is held in by an indent (groove) in the fork (can't be seen in this picture). A bolt rests in this groove that tightens as a clamp and also prevents...
  13. E

Thanks for the info Bunkster. I think I understand what you did with the Honda tee (the pics helped :smile:). Using it was a great way to get a front brake mounted as well. I'd like to keep the wider stock front tire, but your way definately gives me something to think about. With holiday...
  14. E

Thanks for the heads up. I had assumed that the baja forks went right to the top of the triple tee. I'll have to take them out To compare the length properly. The diameter of the upper forks is actually much closer then it looks in the picture. I'll measure both the fork diameters with my...
  15. E

Here's a pic that shows how much shorter the XR80 forks are.
  16. E

The Honda forks are about 2 inches shorter than the top of the warrior neck. I'll take some pics tonight when I get back home if it's not too late.
  17. E

Anybody try replacing the stock forks with Honda xr 80 forks? I know it's been mentioned on a couple of threads on this forum. I just got a set of 1980 XR80 forks off of eBay. When I compare them to the stock forks, the bottom part matches up, but the top part looks to be about 2 inches...
  18. E

Baja Warrior Tank

I agree about mounting it. I know others have put similiar rebel tanks on Baja warriors. I haven't managed to find a good description or picture that show how it was done though.
  19. E

Baja Warrior Tank

Hey there, anybody try one of these on a baja warrior? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fuel-Gas-Tank-Cap-Petcock-for-Honda-Mini-Trail-Z50-Z50A-Z50J-Z50R-Red/152580223573?hash=item23867d7255:g:DFUAAOSwytlZutzW&vxp=mtr I'm really trying to find a real tank for my bike that doesn't cost too much...
  20. E

Foot peg replacement

Sorry I took so long to follow this up, but I experienced some bad and ankle problems so I had to shelf my mini bike projects for awhile. I got the HD sportster pegs and spring washers put on my Baja Warrior and I think they turned out great. I had to drill out the clevis pin holes to accept a...