Search results

1. jharting

1972 Ramrod

Well, bike is done! Runs great, rides great, looks great! Thanks for everyone’s help, especially ding ding. I’m not smart enough to post pics or videos, but ding ding has some, if he’d post em, I’d appreciate it! Thanks again!!
  2. jharting

1972 Ramrod

There is a fuse between the engine and headlight. Can someone tell me how many amps they’re running? Thanks.
  3. jharting

Paint code

I think I’ve seen it before? Somewhere? It was a DuPont paint code that matched the Ramrod paint. Any help is appreciated.
  4. jharting

1972 Ramrod

Anyone, everyone. Can someone please post a couple pics of the kick stand set up for a Ramrod? In my angst to be a hero, never thought about it before I powder coated the frame. Not to mention, there was no kick stand on this mini bike so any help is appreciated! Has anyone installed anything...
  5. jharting

Gas tank

Need a decent gas tank for a Ramrod. Or, a tank from any model that is either the same, Or one I can take the filler neck off and put on a Ramrod tank. Thanks
  6. jharting

1972 Ramrod

Are there any interchangeable gas tanks for arctic cats? Talk on the Ramrod is full of pinholes at the filler neck! Ugh/sigh!!
  7. jharting

1972 Ramrod

Has anyone improvised the rubber strip around the tank? If so, what did you use? Thanks
  8. jharting

T6A electrical.

May sound like a dumb question, I’m restoring a Ranrod, engine is free, has lots of compression so I’m not going to open it for obvious reasons. Is there a coil or points inside that need addressed? There is no wiring on this bike, The harness was cut at the switch and I assume pitched. Does...
  9. jharting

1972 Ramrod

You have a good eye. The exhaust has been brazed a couple times. I’m going to hunt for another, if not, the welder will have to clean it up for me!
  10. jharting

1972 Ramrod

Air cleaner is needed. I also ordered a clutch cover. As it stands, I think the air cleaner is about all I need? When I get all the parts back, I might have figured out how to post pics and I’ll keep you updated. I had an arctic cat when I was a kid, so it’s kind of a labor love. I guess!
  11. jharting

1972 Ramrod

I’ve ordered a lot of what I need, including the tail light. The bracket is still there. All new cables, seat cover, most all of the bushings etc. I guess I’m going to bite the bullet and spend the $$$ to get the wheels rechromed. Any chance anyone out here has a wiring diagram? The harness was...
  12. jharting

1972 Ramrod

Thanks for the info, I’ll email a few pics to you since I can’t seen to post to the sight!
  13. jharting

1972 Ramrod

Also, any handlebar and front for tube repops? Or do I have to send those for rechrome?
  14. jharting

1972 Ramrod

anyone know of a source for wheels that will fit a ramrod? I think these are shot, and they want $360.00 a wheel to rechrome
  15. jharting

How to post pictures (Test Area)

I know I'm computer illiterate, but, why can't I even find the "photo album" that is supposed to be at the top of each page?? I click add image, browse, pick the image, click upload, and then it's gone??? As if it went to picture heave??? Ugh, Sigh.
  16. jharting

1972 Ramrod

AS soon as I can figure out how to post a pic, I'll put a few up.
  17. jharting

Arctic cat ramrod manual

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone ever find a service manual for the Ramrod? Thanks.
  18. jharting

1972 Ramrod

Hi all. My name is Jim. After building a couple old mopars over the last several years, I decided to restore an Arctic cat Ramrod I've had for years. It was running when it was stored probably 10 years ago, but, going to tear it down to the frame. During my last car project (1966 Dart GT...