Search results

1. J

Newbie needs help with my first mini bike build

I am making progress but having a hard time figuring out how to connect the throttle cable to the engine linkage. I have attached a pic. The thin steel wire that was on the engine is bent so it can slide through the linkage hole but my new throttle cable is wire braided. I am driving myself...
  2. J

having trouble with mini bike build

hi. i purchased a centrifugal clutch that was supposed to have 1/4-28 tapped holes for set screws. they are not as advertised. going through a lot to get the right set screw and decided to try to use a washer bolted to the drive shaft. its an old briggs and stratton engine, 3.5HP. anyone...
  3. J

Help with buying a sprocket

I have a mini bike I am putting together for my grandsons. I am having a hard time finding a sprocket for it. Its an older model and has rear wheel has 6 tapped holes. The bolt pattern has a measurment of 3.25" center to center across two opposing holes. The sprockets I am seeing have a much...
  4. J

Can you help identify this?

I purchased a project mini bike. I am having a hard time finding what kind of engine I have. I want to buy a spark plug, find out the clearance for the magneto, etc. First mini bike ever. I am a retired engineer and am looking forward to working on this with my grandsons. The shaft is 3/4"...