Search results

1. sblg43

My Manco Trailcat needs a little TLC

Somebody gave me this Manco minibike today. He wanted to restore it one day but had to be honest with himself - it wasn't gonna happen. So now I am going to restore it one day! Apparently, this thing was put against a tree years ago and forgotten. The tree trunk literally grew around it with the...
  2. sblg43

What did I just buy?

The labels on the floor are only warning labels with NO reference to a company or brand. The steering wheel just has a silver disk in the middle, no logo or writing. Thanks for your input.
  3. sblg43

What did I just buy?

That must be it. Thanks much!
  4. sblg43

What did I just buy?

Not by me "yet". I just rolled it off the trailer. Haven't gotten "into" it yet. I did take it for a test run at the PO place.
  5. sblg43

What did I just buy?

I am trying to find karts online (Google images) that have a front suspension like this one (pictured). Hoping to identify parts.
  6. sblg43

What did I just buy?

I have been in the market for awhile now, looking for an adult sized go kart. I had an friend/acquaintance sell me this one. But he bought it used and doesn't know the brand. There are no markings on it. It runs very well. Just hoping to identify a model or brand for parts. Any guesses? It has a...
  7. sblg43

2 Predator Hemi Engines

So tonight, I went to Harbor Freight to look around. Normally, when I need an engine, I pick up a 212. But the Hemi version is never in stock. However, tonight, I wasn't even looking to buy an engine and there were two (2) Hemi's on the shelf. Hot Dog! The store was about to close and I live...
  8. sblg43

When did Predator 212s get so expensive?

I did notice that a new Predator 212 at Harbor Freight is now up to $139.99, But that would include exhaust and an air filter!
  9. sblg43

If I were in the market, I would buy that bike for $400. But to say that the engine alone is worth $300 is misleading. As mentioned above, they are trying to take advantage of somebody who doesn't know any better. If somebody who doesn't know any better does buy it, they will be telling their...
  10. sblg43

If I wanted to sell it with those upgrades, I would certainly mention it in the ad. You can see the stage 1 upgrade but that alone doesn't make it worth $300. I just know that I won't be buying it.
  11. sblg43

Mega Moto 212 Finished!

I asked my bride what color she would like "her" bike to be. She said that she liked blue. Since most of the bike started black, I needed a shade of blue that would "pop" with the black accents. I am happy with the results.
  12. sblg43

Mega Moto 212 Finished!

Spent the day in the shop getting the "Mega Moto 212" finished. Unfortunately, I don't think this bike will ever be available again. I bought it from gopowersports. At the time, they had limited stock. Now they are out of stock. Coleman now makes a bike with the Mega Moto frame, but not all of...
  13. sblg43

Anyone here a vintage engine hoarder?

You might want to find a donor engine or a short block to rebuild it. Use as many original parts as you can off of the original engine.
  14. sblg43

Tecumseh that will probably do nothing but collect dust

Well, that confirms the need for keeping it on the shelf! "Sorry, Honey, it won't fit on the mini-bike. It will just have to stay on the shelf."
  15. sblg43

Anyone here a vintage engine hoarder?

This one is NOS and is going to collect dust in my home office.
  16. sblg43

Older Asuza - two engines to choose from!

My recent purchase of an older Asuza mini bike came with a 6HP Tecumseh. That is too much power for my son (for now). I decided to purchase a Predator 79cc from Harbor Freight - approximately 3HP. As I was poking around in the shed, I came across an engine that was given to me that I forgot...
  17. sblg43

When I took it down for the pictures, I made sure the shaft turned.
  18. sblg43

Back when Sears decided to stop selling engines, a friend of mine bought a close out Tecumseh engine for $10. After sitting in his garage for years, he decided to give it to me. Now it sits in my office looking pretty. It has never been used or even had oil put into it (unless the factory put a...
  19. Tecumseh H60-75446L Ser 1300D

Tecumseh H60-75446L Ser 1300D