Search results

1. G

New carb unknown adjustment screw

Thanks for the help. I believe it's an idle mixture screw but would like to be sure.
  2. G

The bottom screw is a drain for the bowl.
  3. G

I bought this Chinese replacement carb https://www.amazon.ca/Cozy-Carburetor-Freight-Predator-Gasoline/dp/B00KYK1RZI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pb_opt?ie=UTF8 for my Grandsons CC100 bike. It has two adjustment screws on it. One is an idle speed screw and the other is either a idle mixture screw, a...
  4. G

Coleman CC100X

I just found a web site showing a 99cc Preditor engine being modified. I think the Chinese are spoofing everybody with these engines. After all who's going to measure the bore and stroke to prove it otherwise. I have learned that the 99cc Predator was replaced by the 79cc.
  5. G

Coleman CC100X

I have a Baja Dirt bug and bought a 212 Preditor Hemi for it but after seeing guys pulling weelies I didn't think my daughter would let my grandson on it. I decided to sell the 212 and the Dirt Bug and buy the Coleman. The dirt bug needed tires and a new clutch and the Coleman was on sale at...
  6. G

Coleman CC100X

Thanks for the reply! I guess the engine is as good as any other Chinese Honda clone?
  7. G

Coleman CC100X

Hi all. Was wondering if anyone knows what engine Coleman uses in their CC100X Bike. It looks like a 79cc Preditor but the specs say it's 99cc. It also says it's 3hp on the pull start sticker but the paperwork in the box says it's 1.8kw which equates to 2.4 hp. Any thoughts appreciated. Jim
  8. G

Decipher a serial number?

Thanks very much for the info! I'm a mechanic so ok there but not familiar with what and where to buy for these bikes. This info is very helpful! Seems like there's a forum for just about anything.
  9. G

Thanks for the reply and info. I guess I have the 1st. gen model. Based on the pictures I've seen on the forum the Preditor 212 isn't a direct replacement. I'll have to fab up a clutch/chain guard somehow and it looks like it's a bit wider? Chain alignment?
  10. G

I'm planning on putting a Preditor 212 engine in my grandsons Baja Dirt Bug and some posts I've read say this engine may not fit in the frame of certain bikes without some modifications. Is there a way to decipher the serial number to see how old the bike is? Thanks
  11. G

chain tensioner differences?

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to make something up. It's a Baja Dirt Bug.
  12. G

Chain tensioner part needed please

Thanks for the reply Strigoi. No It's a Baja Dirt Bug. I'm wondering if I should leave the solid mounted one in? I adjusted it so as not to have it too tight and a very small amount of slack and the chain bounces around a bit too much hitting the chain guard. Not sure but I thing I may need...
  13. G

Chain tensioner part needed please

Hello all. First post here. I bought a Baja mini bike for my grand son and a new spring loaded tensioner. Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct size sleeve or bushing to mount the tensioner on the bike so it can swivel? The bore size is 15mm so .590". I have the solid mounted roller...
  14. G

chain tensioner differences?

Hello all. First post here. I know it's 2 months old. I don't mean to barge in on someones post but haven't found anyone talking about this type of tensioner anywhere else. I bought a Baja mini bike for my grand son and the same spring loaded tensioner that mkpctv pictured above. Can anyone...