Search results

1. F

Predator 6.5HP on sale for $99 at HF

I guess they're going on sale next week, but this coupon allows you to buy up to 4 engines the day before the sale because they tend to run out.:wink:
  2. F

Predator 6.5HP on sale for $99 at HF

This Sunday only (Oct. 2) Harbor Freight is having a sale on the 6.5 Predator OHV engines for $99. You'll need to print out this coupon: I got this as a member of their "Inside Track Club" so I don't know if you need to show your membership card and perform the secret handshake. But it's...
  3. F

Yet Another Bonanza Frame

It's possible that the swingarm doesn't go with this particular frame. If not, what model does it go to?
  4. F

Yet Another Bonanza Frame

Here's the next Bonanza frame from the pile. Can anyone identify the model? And what is that little boss on the left rear frame tube for? I'm hoping this is the swingarm for this frame:
  5. F

What model Bonanza is this?

Ed could be right - the tires are 410/350x6, made by Goodyear, but I couldn't tell you if they're original. Has anyone ever found a list of models and serial numbers? Besides the tire size, any other differences between the BC 1200 and the BC 1300?
  6. F

What model Bonanza is this?

A near complete rolling chassis, can someone give me an exact model? I'm not as well-versed with the Bonanza line as many here, and I'd like to restore it as close as possible to original. Also, if you see anything that was modified or non-stock, please speak up! Thanks! Here's the pics...
  7. F

Need Detailed Bonanza Model Reference

Cool! That happens to be the exact model I always wanted. Looks like this is getting built up first! Thanks for the info, Ed! I was hoping it was the model with the fiberglass tanks because I've got a few of them, but no steel tanks. Luckily I have a few kidney bean wheels to go on it...
  8. F

I'm not quite sure whether to post this in the "What is it?" forum or here since the thread is already started. So here goes the first one: I hope you guys don't mind full size 'cuz I hate those thumbnails!!! Obviously this takes a Hodaka motor. Overall it's in...
  9. F

The sharks are circling!! The vultures are just waiting to pick at the bones!! :scared: Guys, please stop IMing me trying to buy stuff. Nothing is for sale right now. Ok, here's the deal: A few year ago my buddy Jim decided to get into Bonanzas in a very big way - especially the Hodaka...
  10. F

Sorry, Ed, but Jim made me move all my crap out of his shop over the weekend. It took me two separate trips in my truck, and I still have to pick up the third Hodaka engine and a few other items. Damn, there was a lot there!! I don't know what I'm gonna do with all that stuff!! :wink: I...
  11. F

Anybody got or know of a detailed list of Bonanza models and their features? I sort of acquired a giant load of Bonanza stuff and would like to first identify all the frames and then figure out what wheels, tanks, shocks, engines, etc., go with them. Unfortunately I'm not that well versed...
  12. F

Gut selling tire package on ebay

It's probably the Azusa kit. Throw it away.
  13. F

Jackshaft Gearing Help ???

It means you need to keep your PC updated better in the future. It's my guess that you're on an old XP SP1 system or older. You need the VB6 engine that was part of Service Pack 2. You can download the file at http://www.dll-files.com/. Copy it into the C:\WINDOWS\system32\ folder. Then...
  14. F

Download the program and save it to your desktop. Then you can try as many different gear sets yourself until you find the one you like.
  15. F

Here are three handy utilities written by Gary Nicholson or "-Gary" here on oldminibikes.com - Download Here They're just small executables - save them somewhere and double-click to start them. Try SPEEDCALC.EXE with RPMs at 3600. For those who don't have a jackshaft but still want to...
  16. F

I think i may buy the Mini bike kit.

I've built a couple minis from Azusa parts and kits (that's what Northern Tool sells - along with just about everyone else in the universe) and they worked out fine. Be warned that you will have to fabricate some footpeg mounts. I used some 3/4" tubing and some 1" x 1/8" strap that I got at...
  17. F

How to mount a kickstand?????

Also, don't forget to have the motor in place when you pick a mounting spot and lean angle. Because most people mount the kickstand on the left side and motors tend to be biased over to the right, picking an upright posture in with an empty frame may cause it to tip over easily once the motor...
  18. F

Front forks and sissie bar

Caswell Plating has a big book with all sorts of detailed info about different types of plating and anodizing. If anyone wants a .PDF version, I posted it here. Download the .ZIP file, unpack the .PDFs, and open the "manual.pdf" file with Acrobat.
  19. F

Got to stop this beast

It all depends on which particular wheels and how you're going to hold the brake from turning. Assuming you have the "Tri-Star" wheels and you're using a pin or bolt welded to the bottom frame rail for the brake, you'll need to get either a 2217-ID or 2218-ID sprocket/drum, and the 2208...