Search results

1. marksteinhilber

Bonanza mini chopper

Sorry, the Bike sold Jan 2nd. I didn't realize PM's sent counted toward the 50, so wasn't getting any notification since Jan 5th. I
  2. marksteinhilber

Bonanza mini chopper

I still have the bike for sale in either version. I found the brake and throttle cables, a new chain, and a max torque clutch that probably could use a new sprocket/bushing, or buyer can replace for $28.50 via OldMiniBikes. The clutch cover is the only part missing from this bike as a CR400...
  3. marksteinhilber

Bonanza mini chopper

I have a Bonanza mini chopper project that I never finished. Mostly complete with all major parts and choice of two engines. Original frame with jack shaft mounts will allow for CR 500 Hodaka build. Or build as CR 400 with Tecumseh HS40. I have both motors available, but each needs some...
  4. marksteinhilber

two Bonanza's and Taco Super 100 Southern California

First Bonanza sold to Gar! Second Bonanza looks like it is going to be sold to JustG (Mark) in Sacramento. Taco ST 100 still available..... Will also have a restored but engineless Bonanza Mini chopper in excellent condition. Will get photos up soon.
  5. marksteinhilber

Bonanza BC restomod

Great running BC restomod with vintage correct Tecumseh HS 40 with old style recoil housing and white plastic tank for no rust! Bike has front suspension forks from an SST or Honda 50 with separate chrome handlebars, and is rolling on 6 inch Astros with 6 X 530 Universal knobby tires. complete...
  6. marksteinhilber

Swingarm Bonanza sold with the Harbor Freight motor! Thanks Gar, nice meeting you! Hardtail Bonanza still available with HS35 or HS 40 that was on sold bike. ST100 has had interest and full offer, but is still available. It is the purple bike and has polished aluminum Taco clutch cover, HS 50...
  7. marksteinhilber

Just in time for Christmas... 2 restomod Bonanzas, hardly ridden, kids not interested. Need room to weld on my Porsche restoration so these gotta go. Also have restored Taco Super 100 and Bonanza Mini chopper that are complete. The two Bonanza's are restomods with front suspension forks...
  8. marksteinhilber

Bonanza mini chopper Steering head

No bushings! What has been said is true. My CR 400 never had bushings, no room for em. Definitely lube and make the bolt turn with the forks so as to not open up or elongate the hole in the triple tree plate.
  9. marksteinhilber

Bonanza CR / MB Clutch covers....

Exactly like the original! Fantastic job Scooterboy! You nailed it, it really is a great replacement part that I think will make Bonanza's of all condition worth more because they can be made to look and honor the original. Year One parts help make the real deal all original muscle cars like...
  10. marksteinhilber

Did Bonanzas ever come Red?

It was painted red Look at the first picture of the motor mount. where the motor was, the paint was scratched off revealing a gold metallic color I think. Also look at the jack shaft sprocket painted red. The factory would have painted the frame before assembly, so it looks like an owner...
  11. marksteinhilber

Bonanza 6" Kidney Bean rims...

How to? Great job, they look awesomew! I've been there, done that, but your results look fantastic. Do you use a fine or wedium grit nylon bristle wheel by chance or 320 grit paper by hand for the initial work before the polishing? Mark S.
  12. marksteinhilber

Members Helping Members.

Nice to hear about George helping out! Way to go George! I bet it's fun to see all that stuff! Sorta like a whole jigsaw puzzle, just seems like every piece needed is there somewhere, how many bikes could it put together..... Oh, yeah George, did you see the green 1310 TCS roller on ebay...
  13. marksteinhilber

scored this pile

Like to see a custom Hodaka 1510! Yah, I was watchin that frame, you got a good deal, they don't sell too often. Sad to see them get parted out to make their true value. I didn't see all that much repair and welding to be done. Expensive to build a 1510 restoration off ebay, so I'd expect...
  14. marksteinhilber

How many members have their first bike?

Got mine! I've still got my 1970 Christmas present, a Bonanza Mini Chopper CR400 Scout. True, it sat in my parents garage for 35 years till a couple years ago I rescued it. I broke it down and put it in a big box and sent it to my new home in California. It's pretty original, the HS-40 still...
  15. marksteinhilber

bonanza 2 stoke project

Clutch trouble Hi Edwin: I'm worried you're gonna melt that clutch and have a fire. I'm not sure a regular clutch will work well at much higher rpms. The clutch may be engaged and getting hot the whole time, depends on what rpm you can get the engine to idle at. Maybe a TAV might work...
  16. marksteinhilber

wont stay running

fuel bowl Is fuel bowl still full of fuel when it stalls? This would mean that the main jet is probably clogging. Could have jello in the emulsion tube...
  17. marksteinhilber

Bonanza Chopper

Beautiful forks Awesome! Scooterboy, those look absolutely spot on! I suspect the triple tree plates are a heavier plate and the welding is much better than on the originals too! Is chrome plating at reasonable cost up there? I think I had to pay about $200 to get just my forks and lower...
  18. marksteinhilber

Bonanza Chopper

Frame changes Yes, the frame did change. The one in this thread is the same as my original which came as a Scout CR400. The other Bonanza chopper frame has a different u-shaped motor plate with more slots because the frame was also used for the CR 500 that came with the Hodaka Ace 100 two...
  19. marksteinhilber

69' Bonaza mini chopper - new to forum!

Cylindrical gas tank Here's what will strap to that mount up front near the fork trees.: vintage minibike go kart motorcycle engine gas tank :eBay Motors (item 280446624245 end time Jan-10-10 15:59:56 PST) I paid more for an unpainted one that I'm hoping to get chromed. Hard to find a...
  20. marksteinhilber

Tecumseh engine for parts

Hs 40 HS 40 Bore is listed as 2.625, piston dia at bottom skirt is 2.62 inches. I'd think it is an HS40 or newer LAV40 or TVS 105.. The HS40 has a round exhaust port on the right, smaller similar engines had exhaust on the left or side exhaust. The HS50 was similar to the HS40, but part of...