Did Bonanzas ever come Red?

Heres what I picked up. I was wondering how original it is. It has locking nuts on the axles, fork, and fenders, original? The louvered guard onthe frame down tubes? It seems to have a #41 sprocket on the jackshaft, Hodaka engine? What say you,gurus?[
url='http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/4-11-11_stuff_178.JPG']
[/url]

Heres what I picked up. I was wondering how original it is. It has locking nuts on the axles, fork, and fenders, original? The louvered guard onthe frame down tubes? It seems to have a #41 sprocket on the jackshaft, Hodaka engine? What say you,gurus?[
url='http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/4-11-11_stuff_178.JPG']
[/url]
never seen the vents before, looks just like f/a heating cover??? nice find though

It was painted red

Look at the first picture of the motor mount. where the motor was, the paint was scratched off revealing a gold metallic color I think. Also look at the jack shaft sprocket painted red. The factory would have painted the frame before assembly, so it looks like an owner rattle can paint job. Probably wanted a red bike instead of that gold! The wear pattern on the motor plate can give you a clue if it EVER had a Hodaka on it. Look for wear, even under layers of paint that has the shape of each particular motor or mount. Nuf said.

Look at the first picture of the motor mount. where the motor was, the paint was scratched off revealing a gold metallic color I think. Nuf said.
I dunno...there are a lot of little chip marks and worn spots without any other color showing...the gold/copper color may have been from an old Briggs that was bolted up. :shrug:

It could have been gold originally.:shrug:

I've heard of, but not seen documantation of a limited run of Bonanzas that had 50cc Motori Morini engines in them. I have never seen one, but a parts list('68 I beleive) that I have lists mounts,pipe and engine in 50cc. I also heard that the bikes were painted gold. I have this 1100 that I bought from the original owner that is also gold.