Search results

1. Slonaker

It was bound to happen sooner or later....

I hardly ever see SAPD in my neighborhood unless they are sitting in front of one of my neighbor's houses. Still, that would be my luck... Slonaker
  2. Slonaker

Lone-Star Minibike Reunion

I might be interested in attending something in Austin. Slonaker
  3. Slonaker

How many DB riders call Texas home?

I'm in San Antonio. NE side. Slonaker
  4. Slonaker

How to check oil on Doodlebug DB30?

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. :) Slonaker
  5. Slonaker

How to check oil on Doodlebug DB30?

I went ahead and bought a Doodlebug. The manual says to change the oild before riding it, but the instruction for checking the oil are really confusing, and I have no idea how to check it! It says the following: ======================================== CHECKING THE OIL Check...
  6. Slonaker

Where to buy a Doodlebug?

bump... Anyone?
  7. Slonaker

I don't think anyone will matcg a coupon that is only good for a date last year. :) I checked their website, and Dick's Sporting Goods just opened a couple of stores here in San Antonio. They don't list the Doodlebug on their website, but it wouldn't hurt to stop by a location and see if they...
  8. Slonaker

Last Thursday night, one of the local Pep Boys stores quoted me a price of $250, but said they were out of stock. Today they say they have 4, but want $300 for them. They also said they don't sell minibikes on Sundays. They want a mandatory $30 assembly fee which they refused to budge on...
  9. Slonaker

I like that Evel Knievel one, but I already have one that doesn't run. :) I want to get the doodlebug for us to play with while I fix up the old one, then we'll have one for each of us. No Joe's Sporting Goods here, unfortunately. I have never heard of it. I guess if i want one from Pep...
  10. Slonaker

I am considering buying a Baja Doodlebug. Where is a good place to get one cheap? The only place I have seen them in San Antonio is Pep Boys ($250, when they have them...). I'm not sure if they still do it, but they were charging a mandatory $30 assembly fee. Harbor Freight says they...
  11. Slonaker

Other hobbie's what else are you into??

Too many projects and too little time/money. Slonaker
  12. Slonaker

300 pound nephew on db-30

Wheelie bars? :) Slonaker
  13. Slonaker

Introduction and "what is it" thread

What's a jackshaft? I was planning to put it on the existing axle. I didn't know I had options. I don't know anything, really, except what I have read here so far. :) Slonaker EDIT: Okay, I found some pics of jackshafts. No, I wasn't planning to use anything like that. That seems...
  14. Slonaker

Any luck finding that wheel, Dave? Slonaker
  15. Slonaker

That would be great, Dave. :) Slonaker
  16. Slonaker

How do I figure out what I need? What do I measure? I know I need to measure the axle thickness, but how do i know how wide the wheel/tire/sprocket combo should be? I never saw it with the wheel, and I have never owned a minibike. I don't know what everything should look like. :confused...
  17. Slonaker

Thanks for the confirmation, guys. :) Any idea where to get a rear wheel for it? That is pretty much the only thing I am missing. Slonaker
  18. Slonaker

I ended up over here from the HAMB where INJUNTOM posted about his minibikes. After reading all the posts in the thread, I felt that I needed one. :) I'm actually a scooter guy. I started out playing with Vespas, and now have a Honda Elite 250 and a Honda Helix. I just bought this...
  19. side/rear shot

side/rear shot

20. side shot

side shot