Search results

1. Augiedoggie

https://allentown.craigslist.org/snw/d/allentown-gokarts-mini-bike/7716666226.html

Spoke to seller today. All 3 for $700 I don't have room for them or I would buy them
  2. Augiedoggie

Desert island bucket list..

I used to enjoy a radio program titled "desert island discs" The program asked the question "if you were deserted on desert island forever and had choice of one piece of music to play forever" what would you select? I have many music favorites and struggle with my possible choices. It occurs to...
  3. Augiedoggie

Cool rides i just like because

I'm digging this build. Very clean
  4. Augiedoggie

Boosted, Blown or doped?

Saw recent discussions about blowers and such. Anyone consider the easy stuff? Nitrous is a healthy boost in power and fairly simple. Methanol fuel is relatively inexpensive and fairly simple to tune. Anyone here use the less complex power adders on our small engines? What's your experience? Any...
  5. Augiedoggie

Favorite movie and other nonsense

I spend far too much time re living my youth reminiscing and re watching old TV and movies. I make no apologies for any of it. Here is why....
  6. Augiedoggie

Thanksgiving Wishes

7. Augiedoggie

Old race bike restoration

One of my old Honda race bikes. I recently rebuilt it to its original race trim with plans of racing some select vintage events. Restored it to its original glory and parked it in my man cave for about a year. Recently brought it out and added fuel and oil and rode it for the first time in 20 years.
  8. Augiedoggie

Pressure washer winterizing

Freezing winter weather here in northeast requires winterizing pressure washer. I have several gas and electric pressure washers and use a home built device to simplify winterizing process. I use RV anti freeze or automotive windshield washer solvent and circulate the stuff through the machine...
  9. Augiedoggie

Bucket list mini bike build

I had a home brewed mini bike I built as a young boy in grammer school and survived riding it until I discovered hot rod cars and motorcycles. I decided some years back it would be a bucket list project for me to replicate the project and build it with my current ability and resources. I started...
  10. Augiedoggie

First bike build blunders and butchery

I suppose I'm in good company here with a bunch of other foolish old coots who never outgrew their love for mini bikes, go karts and anything else with a motor. Old memories have resurfaced as I spend more time here. I thought it might be fun to share what I can remember of my gasoline fueled...
  11. Augiedoggie

Flathead eye candy

Flathead dragster on custom trailer today at drag race event. Thing was just toooo pretty. Guy didn't race the old soldier but it attracted more attention than a naked woman.
  12. Augiedoggie

Will i ever learn.....

Just purchased these two poor neglected minis last night. I couldn't help myself. I was interested in the pit bike for a tagalong bike for the grandkids and the tiny blue bike was a package deal I couldn't resist. Both bikes run but need lots of love and attention to return them to safe reliable...
  13. Augiedoggie

Fox Sundowner project

Recently purchased my first ever mini bike and started disassembly and inspection. No decision yet how it will be powered. Saxonette engine is biggest question mark thus far. No spark. No starter and makeshift rope starter cup rubs when rotated. Inspection of piston through exhaust port looks OK...
  14. Augiedoggie

Fox Sundowner production year question

Any help identifying my recent Fox purchase would be appreciated. My seller told me it was 1974. Just trying to confirm if possible for future reference. Serial #012556 on steering stem. Hoping to start a restoration project on this gem early next summer. Any advice or assistance is most appreciated
  15. Augiedoggie

Help with saxonette

I recently purchased Fox mini bike with saxonette motor and would like help finding possible parts sources. Starter is missing and muffler is in poor condition. Also need a bit of information on engine itself. Is it single speed wet auto clutch?
  16. Augiedoggie

New/Old guy

Hi all. New member here from eastern PA. Checking in and sniffing around looking for ideas and wisdom. Just purchased my first mini bike at 69 years old. Bought and built many mini bikes and motorcycles for kids and grandkids but this is my first "me bike" I had been looking for many years for a...