Search results

1. M

peerless transmission

im trying to build a small offroad buggy with a 15hp briggs engine. I was looking into using a peerless 700 transmission maybe with a custom case and bearings and fill it all with oil. one thing im wondering about is can the peerless transmission be shifted on the fly? lets say i put a manual...
  2. M

looks fimilliar...

just picked this bike up for $50 and spent $35 driving there and back. the engine spins and has compression but the crankshaft bearings or bushing are shot and it has no spark. the wheels and frame are really good and it rolls nicely. the clutch is shot as well, the bushing is gone and the teeth...
  3. M

Autolite ar3910x

I found a bunch of these plugs online but they aren't sold in Canada. All the places want 20 dollars to ship1 sparkplug. I was wondering if anyone has one of these and would be able to ship one in a padded envelope or something.
  4. M

tillotson carb number meanings

so im wondering what the numbers on a tillotson carb have. i know that hl hr and so on is the size but what do the rest of the numbers mean? is there any way to find out the size of the bore or anything from the numbers? specifically hl276 knowing what these numbers mean would make it alot...
  5. M

homemade winter project

i was building a minibike in the summer but never really finished it because it didnt pass testing. i wasnt happy with the gear ratio and the super long chain and i wasnt able to change either so i started a new frame. so pretty much the pictures say it all here is the frame with the motor in...
  6. M

intake valve seal

on the clone heads there is a little cap thing that i read i some sort of seal against oil. but it only comes on the intake side. should i add one to the exhaust side as well so the spring tension is even? or is there a reason that they didnt put one on the exhaust side? i have an extra one and...
  7. M

mikuni vm22 jets

just wondering if anyone has some main jets and pilot jets kicking around that they would want to get rid of. i will be running gas so i need main jets somewhere around 115 and 120. i will also consider small ones because i can drill them out.
  8. M

whats this hole on the mikuni

so im wondering what this hole is at the edge of the flange, it looks like it goes to the airscrew. im just wondering if this should be going to the intake of the engine. or if its closed and i shouldnt worry about it? im just concerned about getting dirt inside there and screwing up the carb...
  9. M

did i get the wrong carb?

so i went on ebay and got myself a 22mm mikuni from here 22MM MIKUNI CARBURETOR Racing Honda Clone on eBay.ca (item 180578796856 end time 17-Nov-10 20:39:27 EST) so im guessing it has a 22mm venturi im guessing because the bore is 24mm. my friend has a tillotson 292e carb and i measured and...
  10. M

drum brakes in the wet

so im making another minibike and im going to be using band brakes in the rear. i would love to have some disk brakes but there wasnt a way for me to make it all work the way i want. so i was thinking of using a drum brake on the front wheel because i know that if the band brake in the rear gets...
  11. M

fuel pump question

so i see people with fuel pumps on their engines even though the gas tank is above the carb. so im wondering why people do this? at what point will i need a fuel pump?
  12. M

machining the head

i want to have the stock clone head machined by 0.050" and run the engine with a flat top piston to have good compression as well as good flow. but im just wondering how everyone mounts the head so the surface is perfectly perpendicular to the mill. is the part where the valve cover bolts to...
  13. M

carb help

so i got a carb from a friend from a 8hp briggs engine. the carb is a walbro lmt and on the side it says 42 and inside the bore it says 48 and there is some sort of serial number which is 119. anyways it was clogged and i wanted to clean it and put it on my clone engine. but i couldnt take...
  14. M

homemade almost done

i was supposed to finish this bike a while ago but i ended up buying a doodlebug and getting distracted with it for a while. but now i sold the doodlebug and went back to this bike. i guess i cant really live without dual suspension. i changed the design of this bike like 3 times while...
  15. M

more info on getting power

just wondering if anyone knows good articles on modding clone engines. i read all of the agk site and alot of these forums but there is still alot of things i dont know. is it better to get a gx390 carb or mod the stock carb with a bigger jet and a gx140 emulsion tube? im running a 14cc...
  16. M

homemade suspension fork

well i took the dooglebug out for a 2 hour offroad ride today and it was pretty much terrible. i knew it would be but didnt think it would be that bad. i ran 20 psi in the tires though for most of the ride and after letting out alot of the air although steering felt heavy and weird it was softer...
  17. M

improved stock brakes?

well i found a doodlebug on kijiji for really cheap. well there was actually 2 and both cost 300 canadian. so me an a friend got one each for 150. so now i have an almost new doodlebug that runs well except the brakes. i noticed that the stock brakes dont even lock the wheel on gravel even when...
  18. M

need info on this carb

so i found this old carb i had from an old homelite chainsaw. it says on it tillotson borg warner corp. msit div im mainly wondering if it will be any better on a gx200 clone then the stock carb. the bore at the smallest point looks to be about half an inch
  19. M

chain tensioner plastic

so i need to make a chainguide for my bike. im wondering if anyone knows where i can buy one of those chain rollers with bearings that will work with a #35 chain. also i wanted to make a chainguide and i was wondering what kind of plastic is used for that stuff. i was thinking of getting a...
  20. M

homemade bike sneak peek

so for the past week i have been working on this bike. its a very simple bike to make but i changed the design a few times already and had to redo the swing arm from scratch and had to cut up the frame and redo that as well. but for now here is what i got. it still needs handlebars and weld...