Search results

1. B

1969 lil indian rear jackshaft clutch

For replacement parts, I think I've found the Comet 2 speed clutch shoes on ebay but I can't find the springs at all. These look like the shoes in mine: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=262829267377 The springs aren't the...
  2. B

1969 lil indian rear jackshaft clutch

Allied doesn't sell them, but they are out there. I bought one from these people a few months ago but am not sure I'm going to put it on my Lil Indian. Max Torque sells the corresponding clutch as well. You'll have to cut the jackshaft down to the appropriate length. I may still use mine but...
  3. B

Bendix/Ruttman brake questions

Hey guys, I've been registered forever. Got out of minibikes for a bit, but 2 months ago I bought back a Lil Indian Sabre I used to own and quickly built it for minibike races in Milwaukee. It did okay as a race bike, but now I'm trying to upgrade it. The frame cracked when I first got it...
  4. B

Harrison Wildcat with built clone. 18to20hp on gas

Bad news, measured the 8hp and the head to baseplate distance is just under 14". Have some more thinking to do. Still somewhat interested though. -Nick
  5. B

Thank you. I'll go measure the 8hp tomorrow morning, if it fits I'll probably give you a call. I'm just up Telegraph from you in Redford. -Nick
  6. B

I see you're selling it as a roller now on craigslist. Dumb question, but would an 8hp briggs flathead fit in there with no issue? I'm not sure of frame height. From pics it looks like the original 5hp flatheads are kinda tight.
  7. B

hillsdale tristate meet

I was there, showed up about an hour before the ride. Had the orange Lil Indian Sabre, my neighbor's mostly unrestored Gilson, and a coworker's Allis-Reynolds (?). The ride was fantastic. I'm a little discouraged that after a couple people dropped out, I had the slowest bikes there. :D For...
  8. B

Best Mini Bike Ever Made

If by "California" you mean "Michigan", then yes, you are correct. :D
  9. B

Lil Indian 6000 For Sale...

I'm bringing this up from way back, but I have a Sabre, and I've seen the 6000 sitting on the shelf at Allied Leisure on a couple occasions. The pegs are further forward on the 6000, and I believe it's both longer and slightly wider than the Sabre. I have a little 3.5 tecumseh on mine and...
  10. B

Wards, New wheels/tires

Thanks again! I wasn't sure how I'd like it after just seeing the bare frame, but I think it looks excellent completely assembled. It's a very nice original-looking color, and I'm happy it matches my Honda. :D The round tanks I've seen have gone from $50-$100. $50 is my absolute upper...
  11. B

Wards, New wheels/tires

Update: got the Lil Indian assembled tonight. I'm really happy with the results. I still need to do something about the tank since it didn't fit in the original location. Looking for a large round tank, but they're going for big/ridiculous money on ebay. -Nick
  12. B

Disc brake effectiveness?

Thanks for the compliments! Couple more pics, after the frame repair: Obviously needs paint. It's a bit bulky now, but it definitely won't break again. I'm probably respraying it in metallic orange to match my '74 CB550 streetbike. :D I'll try calling Growth Products to see if...
  13. B

I was more than a little discouraged with the braking performance. It's not fast at all (12/14 and 10/60 gearing, still has the governor!) but at full speed it takes a lot of distance to stop. The band clutch brake on my neighbor's bike will lock the rear up immediately on any surface...
  14. B

New forum dude here. My neighbor SAFETYpin got me into these things, and it's been all downhill from there... Anyway, I've got a Lil Indian Sabre with a 3.5 Tecumseh on it. I have the bike to the point where it's operating how I like it, but the original disc brake just sucks. I wasn't...
  15. B

Do you guys ride your bikes?

Quick update here, I'm the alleged neighbor with the Lil Indian. We got it back from my fabricator buddies, it's really beefy now with some additional gusseting as well. It's a little bulky, but it's definitely not going to break now. We "rebuilt" the front forks tonight with some grease...