1. DeadPixel

84 Honda ATC 200 carb for 196 clone?

Has any one tried using a carb from a 3 or 4 wheeler? My brother has a few ATC200 motors and noticed the carbs are mikuni's. I know these motors make around 9-10 HP so thought it should be around the right size for our motors. The carbs are cheep at around $20-$30 and I might be able to pick a...
  2. DeadPixel

+.175 stroker crank and UT2 piston in 196 clone.

Just curious can a person use the UT2 piston with a +.175 stroker crank and a +.010 length rod being that the stock piston is +.020 in the hole in a 196 clone. If I did my math right that would put the piston just below the deck at .0025" has any one tried this?
  3. DeadPixel

Are my calculations on compression for my 196 clone correct?

Just checking to make sure I am not making a mistake on my compression. I am wondering if some one else can verify my calculation of my compression is correct. I am using a compression calculator for the math here. I am going to be building a 196 clone motor for a mini bike. I calculated the...
  4. IJG

Loncin 196 cc...

Gm Minibike builders & fans... a friend brought me his loncin 196 cc motor to plave on a motovox mbx10, I removed the gas tank and air breather & muffler, now i need to replace them with aftermarket fitting parts like the predator, honda & clones alike. so Where do i find an intake & exhaust...
  5. FOMOGO

PVL flywheel on a 196 Ducar clone

I have a PVL flywheel to install on a Ducar 196. Should I lap it to the crank or can I just install it and be good. Engine specs are, no governor, stock cam, weenie pipe with muffler, open air filter and carb jetted. Going on a Barstool so not much chance of sustained full throttle. Do I need to...
  6. D

Greyhound 196 backfire

Have a greyhound 196 motor on a mini bike. It will not start. Has fire and fuel. Cleaned plug, changed gas, cleaned carb bowel. It backfires as if out of time. Won't attempt to run. Any ideas or is out of time? Appreciate any help.
  7. superchargedill

196 cc VS 212 cc HF Engines

Hi Guys, what is the main difference between the 2 engines ? What parts will swap and what parts wont ? I have a 196 and want to do some upgrades. Thanks, Dil
  8. N-gin

Clone 196 cam and springs

I have a Baja Warrior with a 196 clone. I was just going to repair the engine and slam it in the frame of this bike, but with how easy and cheap it is I somehow ended up with a shaved head, .036 jet(stock emulsion tube), aftermarket air filter, Modified rocker cover with PCV valve and breather...