01 Oval Kart clean up

They will run a predator class if they have enough guys, they need 5+ racers. The other class is the 196CC clone class, and it is more popular is what was stated to me. Both with governor removed, they don't run any classes with the governor which is fine by me. I am unsure if these are open motors or what???? Still gathering more info.

Last edited:
The only problem with the clone classes is that they are so expensive. Those are the guys spending 1200 a pop on an engine and tossing tires every other race.
It's also very competitive so expect to be bumped and spun out if your in the way.
A stock predator class is much more affordable and friendly to the new racer. You might want to look at some other tracks not too far away and see if any of them run a stock predator class.

The only problem with the clone classes is that they are so expensive. Those are the guys spending 1200 a pop on an engine and tossing tires every other race.
It's also very competitive so expect to be bumped and spun out if your in the way.
A stock predator class is much more affordable and friendly to the new racer. You might want to look at some other tracks not too far away and see if any of them run a stock predator class.
Thats why we gotta build our own engines, gotta start somewhere as they all do. I will build my own, just trying to find a guide to go by at the moment to stay within the rules of the track. I need to pickup a 196CC clone just in case they dont run the 212CC predator class. I am hopeful to find a Genuine Honda GX200 bare block and Crank to run. Got a few feelers out. I saw your parts list for your one motor where you were going to remove the governor and go inside the block. What is that motor for?

Last edited:
That's a predator motor I was messing with.
You can't use Honda parts for the clone motors. Got to use clone parts for the most part.
Don't quote me on this but from what I've seen and read this is the general requirements
clone block
clone stock crank
head can be ported as of 2017
have to use only certain cams
have to use certain rockers etc
Carb has to be within a certain bore and be clone style, no mikuni etc.
bla, bla, bla.

There are listings online for the rules for the clone motors. The deal with the clone motors is that from a builder your getting the best motor you can get. You can build your own but they won't be competitive with the builder engines unless you have machining equipment. They are file fitting rings, line boring, honing, porting, polishing, the works. They also have the luxury of building thousands of these motors so they know how to squeeze all the hp they can out of them because they want their motors to win and bring them business.

Hope you find a class that works for you.

That's a predator motor I was messing with.
You can't use Honda parts for the clone motors. Got to use clone parts for the most part.
Don't quote me on this but from what I've seen and read this is the general requirements
clone block
clone stock crank
head can be ported as of 2017
have to use only certain cams
have to use certain rockers etc
Carb has to be within a certain bore and be clone style, no mikuni etc.
bla, bla, bla.

There are listings online for the rules for the clone motors. The deal with the clone motors is that from a builder your getting the best motor you can get. You can build your own but they won't be competitive with the builder engines unless you have machining equipment. They are file fitting rings, line boring, honing, porting, polishing, the works. They also have the luxury of building thousands of these motors so they know how to squeeze all the hp they can out of them because they want their motors to win and bring them business.

Hope you find a class that works for you.
Thanks Bud for the info. That's basically what i have read as well. I was told i can run a Honda block, but not sure if that's block only or crank/head as well. Have you looked into the open motors much at all. I can do the port/polish decent enough, but i would have to get someone to mill my head, and deck my block. I am going to research the open class.

I beg to differ a little bit on the statement that just because a guy calls himself a builder that you can not build a motor within spec that will not be competitive or even beat it .... I have a 18cc clone head for you if you need it ... I can equip it with what ever stock rockers they require square or rounded tip 10.8 # springs shimmed etc... And you can do your own port work ... Also have that crank for you if it's legal and I have a couple stock class cams if you need them

I beg to differ a little bit on the statement that just because a guy calls himself a builder that you can not build a motor within spec that will not be competitive or even beat it .... I have a 18cc clone head for you if you need it ... I can equip it with what ever stock rockers they require square or rounded tip 10.8 # springs shimmed etc... And you can do your own port work ... Also have that crank for you if it's legal and I have a couple stock class cams if you need them
Thanks Trinik and I will follow up once I confirm if I have to run a Ducar or if I can run a genuine Honda. I will for certain take those parts off your hands.

Engine video: idled a little high.

Gx160 Honda block
Z4M Honda flat top piston
ARC rod
King billet steel flywheel
RTC-8 head: 27/25 stock valves
Ports cleaned up
.670 bored NR racing carb

[video=youtube;SQOfVzPT4EM]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SQOfVzPT4EM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited: