1" clutch for a Briggs

I just picked up a B&S 9HP engine that has a 1" crank. Does anyone have a clutch that would work? I looked on line but they are so dang expensive and my wife is already questioning how much I am going to spend "this time":rolleyes:. Arn't all wives the same. You can send me a PM if that works. Thanks Everyone!

james c

are you looking for a torque converter clutch or centrifical clutch if you want a centrifical then i have a new comet that did not work on my cart. its a outboard mounting, 35 chain drive. used for about one minute on my machine when i found that my frame was not geared right, so i went with a torque converter setup 60 bucks 10 bucks shipping

it is for a kart that I just bought but I haven't picked up yet. I just went and got the engine yesterday and found out that it is the 1" crank. I would think the centrifical clutch would work just fine, but how would I tell? I am going to use a 9hp Briggs so I don't want to over power it. If it will work I will take it.

james c

ill have to take some pictures for you, do you know what an outboard clutch is? it is with the teeth"away" from the engine side of the application.

its a centrifical clutch and would work on a cart.