$100 Montgomery Wards TY555 Trike $100

I've only had this thing for a couple of weeks and the only thing I have done is dissasemble it to get blasted. I just have to many to handle right now. This thing is pretty neat. It is a complete roller(no jshaft).

Montgomery Wards Terrain Cycle TY555

8inch Wheels

Man, I painted a butt load of those RTC's (Rough Terrain Cycle) back in the day. Everything looks fairly original, but the rear wheels and tires. They came with balloon type tires.:smile: Looks like part of the drive line is missing also. They originally came with a torque convertor setup and jackshaft. Someone has turned the axle around to run it off a clutch on the engine.

Last edited:
Man, I painted a butt load of those RTC's (Rough Terrain Cycle) back in the day. Everything looks fairly original, but the rear wheels and tires. They came with balloon type tires.:smile: Looks like part of the drive line is missing also. They originally came with a torque convertor setup and jackshaft. Someone has turned the axle around to run it off a clutch on the engine.

Since you did your fair share of painting them. How in the hell do you get the body away from the frame? Before deciding to let it go I was about to take the dremel to it.

I never assembled them, but I know there are several bolts holding it on. A lot of them didn't have the fender assembly on them, just a seat, and they bolted to the frame from underneath. That probably wasn't much help, but it was 30 some odd years ago.:smile:

Well, someone got an even better deal. I gave away a couple of fresh built minis, to friends' grandkids, but I get a lot of freeb-bes too, so it all works out.:thumbsup:

Well I feel pretty good about this one. The guy Who got it had a disabled kid who really wanted to ride, but couldn't stay on two wheels. When I took the trike over it was like christmas. The look in his eyes and the excitement in his voice was payment enough for me.

poppa

I wish I would have seen it sooner,I did up a mini for my grandson and now my granddaughter wants something. Sounds like it went to a deserving young man though. I compliment you though,what you did is getting rarer and rarer. Too many turds in the world,nice to meet/see people like you are still around.Thank you,Joe