1959 hedstrom speed mobile go kart

markus

This thing is cool....if you have the room to store it :doah:

1959 Hedstrom "speed mobile" restored shows nice completely disassembled when it was redone, motor rebuilt, starts easy and runs strong, was a clean complete kart before resto which was done over 15 years ago. came out of PA and was bought at Carlise swaps about 20 years ago. has been up on a shelf till recently when I bought (I had to help take it down). It is not delicate, we have ran it a few times, paint is tough etc... hard rubber tires have some more wear on them now.

$550 posting here cause I would entertain some trading for minibikes etc..

I will be happy to assist in any way I can with shipping and can even maybe work a deal with delivery around FL. I will not deal with greyhound so if your thinking of that don't bother to ask, but I am willing to dissasemble if needed as it all comes apart. it will still problaby be somewhat pricey though as the bare frame measures about 5'x24" the whole thing only weighs in at maybe 75 pounds though. I wont give qoutes but It would be safe to say it would cost in the 200 range because of the oversize charges, so something like U-ship might actually be a better deal for you. overall measurments for shipping quotes for shipping companies is as follows 6' long 28" wide 22" high with the steering wheel flipped over.

currently its in zip code 34223 (sarasota county FL) I will be taking it up to our home in the Ocala area (zip code 34432) as I have a pretty new workshop up there thats clean and dry and has vaulted ceilings so I can hang it up and out of the way till the snowbirds start to show up again later in the year.

here is a walk around vid: 1959 hedstrom speedmobile go kart - YouTube

here it is in action, please note that I have the belts set losley and the needle and premix a little fat just to be safe: 1959 speedmobile test run - YouTube

markus

I dropped this kart off at a high end classic car dealership earlier today to display in their showroom and consign, at the very least it gets to sit in air condition comfort for the summer instead of my hot workshop :smile: