1963 Rupp dart

copyman

That carb is far from being correct. Manifold is wrong too. Dart Cycles used an updraft style carb setup on the Deluxe 4 cycle bikes. The whole motor looks too new to be correct for a Dart but would need better pics and serial number to determine that.
I was talking about the carb on my Hilltopper not the dart.

By the way the guy was asking $2,000 or best offer for the dart in my original post ??? Do the forum rules prevent experts here from saying too high or too low?

By the way the guy was asking $2,000 or best offer for the dart in my original post ??? Do the forum rules prevent experts here from saying too high or too low?
If it tickles your fancy and doesn't break the bank for you, it would be a nice bike to tinker with. I would say "It'll keep you out of trouble" but it may actually get you in more, this stuff is addictive, Hahahaha. Personally I prefer the lower end model with a Power Products AH-58. It seems a lot of old stuff that has been hidden away is surfacing now thanks to COVID-19. I would still try talking him down due to the things that aren't correct like the seat and the recoil. The only bad thing is, if you go back, the seller knows you still have an interest which gives them the upper hand.

-A2M

I would be curious if the clutch guard and proper kick stand is there. Plus, wrong grips and Dellorto throttle is not there. Looks like China tires also. Big money items. A couple better photos would help.

copyman

If it tickles your fancy and doesn't break the bank for you, it would be a nice bike to tinker with. I would say "It'll keep you out of trouble" but it may actually get you in more, this stuff is addictive, Hahahaha. Personally I prefer the lower end model with a Power Products AH-58. It seems a lot of old stuff that has been hidden away is surfacing now thanks to COVID-19. I would still try talking him down due to the things that aren't correct like the seat and the recoil. The only bad thing is, if you go back, the seller knows you still have an interest which gives them the upper hand.

-A2M
Thanks great info. Also have a chance to get another Hilltopper for $1k that is 90% original. Might just stick with that for now. I spent a year researching parts, info, etc for my first Hilltopper so pretty much an expert for that one and only model! Ha-ha

Last edited:

copyman

I would be curious if the clutch guard and proper kick stand is there. Plus, wrong grips and Dellorto throttle is not there. Looks like China tires also. Big money items. A couple better photos would help.
I will see if I can get more pics. Thanks again for the help.

2000 is way too much for the one in your pic...Ebay search it...check forum history....half the fun is researching these things. If you are worried about paying too much...you picked the wrong hobby. You will stick 2000 into a bike restore and have a 500 dollar bike most the time.

Last edited:

copyman

2000 is way too much for the one in your pic...Ebay search it...check forum history....half the fun is researching these things. If you are worried about paying too much...you picked the wrong hobby. You will stick 2000 into a bike restore and have a 500 dollar bike most the time.
Since no one could give me a value because of forum rules figured if if I posted what the asking price was I could see if to high or too low. That's all. Sorry if I offended you. You really didn't have to waste your time posting if it bothered you. No big deal either way. I'm just getting into minibikes and trying to learn. I guess instead of bothering people here I will do my own research. I thought that is what a forum is for to help each other which I have gotten from OND, Mustang, and a few others. I didn't know this forum was for experts only! I will try and educate myself more elsewhere and then maybe be accepted into the club!

best of luck

Lizardking

Since no one could give me a value because of forum rules figured if if I posted what the asking price was I could see if to high or too low. That's all. Sorry if I offended you. You really didn't have to waste your time posting if it bothered you. No big deal either way. I'm just getting into minibikes and trying to learn. I guess instead of bothering people here I will do my own research. I thought that is what a forum is for to help each other which I have gotten from OND, Mustang, and a few others. I didn't know this forum was for experts only! I will try and educate myself more elsewhere and then maybe be accepted into the club!

best of luck
Don't be discouraged. No one is kicking you out or has said anything wrong here.

best of luck
I answered your question....what are you crying about?

desert rat

best of luck
On the point of values let's try this pony out. I just fired up my truck and trailer and took off to go pick up three minis just down the road. Round trip was just 2,200 miles( at least 1/3 on ice frozen roads) and 4 tanks of fuel. two sleeps in the truck, covid distancing. For what I paid for the 3 minis, in fairness to the seller (oldsalt) I will not post what I paid but we were both happy. So about 50 hours on the road in the truck and lets just say $1,000.00 out of pocket divided buy three is $333.33 per bike just to own them. Now it will take thousands to make them rideable. I knew that in the end I would have to spend all of my mad money on these for years. If this was a money making move I would already be loosing money. Those of us that build show cars or hot rods will tell anyone thinking about it - you will never recoup your money and time so do it for yourself, if you think you can make money put it back in your pocket. I put $40,000 out on my car that blue books for $300.00, to the right buyer I might get $8.000 so if I tried to sell it I would loose $32,000.00. Another recent case in point is the stolen mini on this board that was just found. The mini was for sale for $250.00 on the internet. The builder has over $8000,00 in the build. So you see we as a whole are not put off that someone asks for a value but also know one person would put something on the curb for scrap but another would spend thousands for it. There is no blue book for minis. Sorry so long I just don't want to see any hurt feelings on this subject.

Attachments

copyman

I answered your question....what are you crying about?
Crying? Don't give yourself that much credit. I actually laughed at your post.

By the way anyone on this forum ever needs tech support for a copier or printer in your home or office feel free to PM me. You will get "expert" advice from a technician with 40+ years of experience. If I don't have the answer I will get it from my many resources.

And rest assured I won't belittle you or make you feel stupid because the lack of knowledge with it. Hopefully can save you some money from having to call a company in to do the service.

I enjoy helping others and believe it comes back to you. As was proven by the help I've received from several members here.

mustangfrank

I think we could handle ourselves if we had a sub-forum dedicated to estimating values for both buyers and sellers with some ground rules. Being there is no Blue Book for mini bikes as others have mentioned, it could become the alternative, go-to resource...
HOWEVER
This forum is one of the few I have ever joined that stays on topic, everyone seems to get along on and has a wealth of people with experience in anything I have researched or sought out. I check in at least twice daily to see what's new and if there is anything I can contribute back, unlike other interest forums I belong to and only visit when I need to because of all the excess BS. My guess is that the "no values given" rule is part of the success here, as well as a lack of political or off-topic chatter on the site, so for me, I'm fine with the rule.

copyman

On the point of values let's try this pony out. I just fired up my truck and trailer and took off to go pick up three minis just down the road. Round trip was just 2,200 miles( at least 1/3 on ice frozen roads) and 4 tanks of fuel. two sleeps in the truck, covid distancing. For what I paid for the 3 minis, in fairness to the seller (oldsalt) I will not post what I paid but we were both happy. So about 50 hours on the road in the truck and lets just say $1,000.00 out of pocket divided buy three is $333.33 per bike just to own them. Now it will take thousands to make them rideable. I knew that in the end I would have to spend all of my mad money on these for years. If this was a money making move I would already be loosing money. Those of us that build show cars or hot rods will tell anyone thinking about it - you will never recoup your money and time so do it for yourself, if you think you can make money put it back in your pocket. I put $40,000 out on my car that blue books for $300.00, to the right buyer I might get $8.000 so if I tried to sell it I would loose $32,000.00. Another recent case in point is the stolen mini on this board that was just found. The mini was for sale for $250.00 on the internet. The builder has over $8000,00 in the build. So you see we as a whole are not put off that someone asks for a value but also know one person would put something on the curb for scrap but another would spend thousands for it. There is no blue book for minis. Sorry so long I just don't want to see any hurt feelings on this subject.
Good points. All well taken.

I'm not out to make money with this "hobby" just something to do when I retire in a few years. Not sure of many hobby's you make money on? otherwise it wouldn't be a hobby but a business. I simply want to end up with a few bikes for me and my wife (if I can get her on one) to enjoy. That's about it for my story. Have an engine tore down on bench that I'm rebuilding. Realizing how few parts a 4 stroke engine has. Way less than a copier for sure!

Take care

Crying? Don't give yourself that much credit. I actually laughed at your post.

By the way anyone on this forum ever needs tech support for a copier or printer in your home or office feel free to PM me. You will get "expert" advice from a technician with 40+ years of experience. If I don't have the answer I will get it from my many resources.

And rest assured I won't belittle you or make you feel stupid because the lack of knowledge with it. Hopefully can save you some money from having to call a company in to do the service.

I enjoy helping others and believe it comes back to you. As was proven by the help I've received from several members here.
Obviously you are crying. I said nothing mean or bad to you. But you played the pity me comments. Now you know why no values are given...people don't like real answers.

copyman

Obviously you are crying. I said nothing mean or bad to you. But you played the pity me comments. Now you know why no values are given...people don't like real answers.
Ok. I guess we are done with this conversation? Well I'am and this will be my last response. No need to drag this nonsense on any further.

Take care and wishing you the best....