1970 Speedway Scarab roller

I bought this when I first got back into minibikes and thought I would restore it. Fast forward to now and I am focusing on my Trail Horse projects and have no time for this one so it has to go. I bought a NOS rear fender for it and the tank off ebay. The wheels are rusty but solid. The tires are Cheng Shin brand and have decent tread and are not dry rotted. It has disc brakes front and rear but the front caliper is not there. The front fender was painted silver at one time but the exposed chrome areas look real good. The bars and forks have surface rust in areas. The fork suspension doesn't move but I'm sure if they were taken apart and cleaned/lubed they would be fine. Someone swapped out the Torque converter for a standard clutch so there is a 40/41 sprocket on the jackshaft instead of the driven pulley. The tank is super clean and the strap is in good shape but has some speckled rust that would clean up with chrome polish.

This would be a good bike to restore or use it for parts for another bike. I will not part it out so do not ask. I am offering it here to give you guys a chance at it first before it goes to Craigslist or Ebay. I really don't want to have to ship this, but I might drive part way to meet up.

I'm asking $200.00. The tank and rear fenders are worth $100 by themselves. PM me if interested. Thanks, Tom