1970's Tecumseh Air Cleaner Decal

FunWithStuff

Hello!
I am looking for an original or replacement air cleaner decal for Tecumseh's from the 1970's. These were originally yellow and I know they were used on HS40's. I will take a remake/reprinted decal if it is a match to the original one. See the photo below for reference of what I'm looking for. Thanks!
1000002700.jpg

markus

Hello!
I am looking for an original or replacement air cleaner decal for Tecumseh's from the 1970's. These were originally yellow and I know they were used on HS40's. I will take a remake/reprinted decal if it is a match to the original one. See the photo below for reference of what I'm looking for. Thanks!
View attachment 309123

They were not yellow, they yellowed over the years, Minibikepaul's waterslide is a very well done one compared to an original. Swapmeetman usually has some NOS ones on ebay but they probably wont survive being wet/applied due to age.

FunWithStuff

They were not yellow, they yellowed over the years, Minibikepaul's waterslide is a very well done one compared to an original. Swapmeetman usually has some NOS ones on ebay but they probably wont survive being wet/applied due to age.
Cool! Thanks! I saw photos of some that were yellow and some of my bikes have yellowed ones so I thought that was an original color. But I see that they are actually white. I'll check those out. Thanks again!

Last edited:
He just listed another set this morning. FWIW, I have used the exact same ones (not directly from swapmeetman, however we "shop" in the same place) and I had about a 75% success rate. Some were brittle, some not. Warm water seemed to work the best.
Also, the repro's Minibikepaul made years ago were made from my NOS ones that came from the same stash. They are really nice reproductions and the glue isn't over 50 years old, so they are a nice alternative. YMMV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2665705111...T0YaddgYspp8LS3q141FnGEEUL|tkp:Bk9SR7qnj42PYw