1971 Kawasaki MT 1 Parnelli Jones Model

It had the engine & trans rebuilt two years ago, all new piston, head, rings, rod, gears, clutch etc... Original owner was a real 2 stroke guy, not ridden much since. Starts easy. Oil injection & headlight works, needs tailight, have brackets+++. Rides great, 3 speed, 75cc quite a few extra parts too some used, some new. Small weld on one handle bar mount. Pick up the front fender (35.00) and tailight lens (70.00 + ouch!) at vintagekawasaki.com and it'll be a pretty nice rider. Faster and way cooler than my Rupp was (sorry couldn't help myself) 900.00 for everything msarnow@hotmail.com Next to Albany NY Might consider separating/shipping IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG IMG_0642.JPG IMG_0641.JPG IMG_0640.JPG Yes I could deliver to Hot Dog Hut Swap Meet this Sunday & yes on more pics. Forgot to write trades considered, OBO, Thanks for looking, M/O

Last edited:

Gatecrasher

If I was closer I'd probably buy it. Let me know if you decide to part the bike out. I wouldn't mind having the front forks and would probably by a few other things too.

Gatecrasher

I have a nice set of KV75 forks I can sell if you want.
I'm looking for the 1971 MT1 early design forks like mini one's had with the springs located higher up.

See pic:

35cr2xc.jpg

Only the first few hundred had this style fork. Kawasaki redesigned them midway through the year by lengthening the fork tubes and moving the springs lower because the 1st design was more susceptible to bending.

See pic:

2llfsqo.jpg

One thing that really sucks about this forum is the picture feature. For the life of me though I can never get these pictures to be full size without jumping through hoops. That feature of the software this forum uses is the crappiest I've ever seen.

I give up.

You know, I'll have to look and see which ones I have. Been a while since I've seen them. I picked up a nice frame with forks and rear shocks a few years ago at mid Ohio, and I only wanted the rear shocks.