1971 Roadster II is gettin there!!

Hey guys thought I'd give everyone a little update.

I ordered my new carb kit, new fuel valve, and 2 new gaskets for the carb 2 days ago from Brandt!

I have 2 new CJ8 spark plugs, new 1/4" fuel line, 1/4" fuel line clamps and a 1/4" inline see thru fuel filter.

I still need to buy new oil.

Should I change the oil before I intitially try to start it, it's black and like 4-5 years old? Thinkin I should.

Was told side screw on carb is about 1 1/4 turns out intially and bottom screw on carb is about 1 turn out initially.

My fuel valve is JB welded on my gas tank, i don't know why but probably the metal rotted or it leaked and they wanted a quick fix, my gas tank has rust in it, not 100% rust but alot of spots, prolly 60% covered, debating on fixiing it or not, becuase I can't get my petcock off which is why I wouldn't completley seal it, no where for the access POR-15 or KREEM to go.

O and today I put a little carb cleaner and water in my tank and swooshed it around, not to many particals came out, looked pretty clean, after that I put some small bolts(7-8) and water in it and swooshed it around for over 10 min, very little rust particales came out. Did one final rinse with only water and now its drying in my house. Did I just help things, hurt them or keep them the same.

Sorry I'm rambling, any suggestions on the oil change or gas tank fixing would be appreciated!!

:scooter:<- Hopefully i'll be that guy soon! :thumbsup:

Last edited: