2 Coleman mini bikes with throttle problems

Hello all, I am new here. I acquired 2 Coleman mini bikes that the throttle hangs wide open on. I don’t have much info on them, all the guy said was that the throttles hand up. Got ‘em home and fired them up, sure enough they both hang up. Took the tanks off and started investigating, He had rigged up some random governor springs. I found a whole new throttle/governor control and spring kit, hooked everything up. Still revving wide open. I’m wondering if he had messed with the governor. I have tried to adjust it. I opened the throttle wide open and moved the shaft the way the arm moves (counter clockwise) still hung open, so I tried the other way (clockwise), same thing. I’m wondering if the governors were removed and they just left the arm and everything on it. I don’t really see how the throttle would operate if they were and they didn’t put a new throttle cable set up on them. Throttle cable and everything moves freely. I’ll add some pics of the current set ups. The one with the new control assembly’s governor spring is in the set of holes behind the correct one. That was just the last thing that I tried before I quit for the day and didn’t move it back. I was hoping to sell one of them to get my money back. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

Hello all, I am new here. I acquired 2 Coleman mini bikes that the throttle hangs wide open on. I don’t have much info on them, all the guy said was that the throttles hand up. Got ‘em home and fired them up, sure enough they both hang up. Took the tanks off and started investigating, He had rigged up some random governor springs. I found a whole new throttle/governor control and spring kit, hooked everything up. Still revving wide open. I’m wondering if he had messed with the governor. I have tried to adjust it. I opened the throttle wide open and moved the shaft the way the arm moves (counter clockwise) still hung open, so I tried the other way (clockwise), same thing. I’m wondering if the governors were removed and they just left the arm and everything on it. I don’t really see how the throttle would operate if they were and they didn’t put a new throttle cable set up on them. Throttle cable and everything moves freely. I’ll add some pics of the current set ups. The one with the new control assembly’s governor spring is in the set of holes behind the correct one. That was just the last thing that I tried before I quit for the day and didn’t move it back. I was hoping to sell one of them to get my money back. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.
The 1st 1 is a mess. Wrong spring and no cable hold down. Hold off on it for now.

The 2nd 1 looks better, need a pic up under where the spring is attached. Also that 10mm nut needs to be loosened up so the throttle can return freely.

Get more pics, to make sure everything is in the right place then you can adjust the governor shaft to arm.

The 1st 1 is a mess. Wrong spring and no cable hold down. Hold off on it for now.

The 2nd 1 looks better, need a pic up under where the spring is attached. Also that 10mm nut needs to be loosened up so the throttle can return freely.

Get more pics, to make sure everything is in the right place then you can adjust the governor shaft to arm.

Attachments

OK, that side of the spring is hooked where it should be.

On the other end of the spring, hook it to the 4th hole on the next row of holes. 2nd hole from outside, going in. If that makes sense, lol.

When it's NOT running, it will look like the throttle is opened some. But when running it returns to idle, if the gov hasn't been played with.

Get the tire off the ground until it's right, or take the chain off.

OK, that side of the spring is hooked where it should be.

On the other end of the spring, hook it to the 4th hole on the next row of holes. 2nd hole from outside, going in. If that makes sense, lol.

When it's NOT running, it will look like the throttle is opened some. But when running it returns to idle, if the gov hasn't been played with.

Get the tire off the ground until it's right, or take the chain off.
I messed with the governor. I explained how I adjusted it in the original post. I’m not sure if it was the correct way or not, that’s just the way I adjust the small engines I work on.