2 Matching Mini-unknowns bought from eBay

I bought the twins on eBay, some say I stole'm but I bid & won fair-n-square! A few have looked at photos of them back on 5/12/10 when another member (tommie d) saw them on eBay and opened a thread asking "what is it?" Several manufacturers’ names were tossed around but in the end, no real consensus. Long story short, I have them now and have one partially torn down so I can start cleaning it up. Along with lots of others, I'll add a pic of the mostly bare frame incase that helps someone recognize it. Not that it really matters, but I'd sure like to know what to call them...

mybiz

The model number on your handle bars is 80759 Now the sears mini bike brochure if you look at its model number its 80790. That real close need some old sears catalogs to browse through.:shrug:

I've been trying to find old Sears ad's and catalogs since I posted the first thread on these bikes. I know they have to be from Sears but can't find any proof yet, but i'll keep looking.

No doubt the green one looks like the on in your book... It's not a match with the twins but still could be from the same manuf. I guess the quest continues.................: detective:

From the beginning I was sure they were sears, the only question was Manco or MTD in my mind! I think Manco due to the tell tale chainguard, look at the 80s thunderbirds pretty much the same chainguards! That's my guess.....................

mybiz

Your quest just might take you 2 lifetimes. :1orglaugh: I've got 3 mini bikes with no names or models. I'm burnt out asking and searching. Someday I'll stumble on what I've been searching for by accident. I hope..:eek:hmy::freakout:

I just got one exactly like the twins and the only identification I have is like yours model # 80759 on the handle bars . Any luck yet finding out what they were and where can we get parts for them?

markus

I just got one exactly like the twins and the only identification I have is like yours model # 80759 on the handle bars . Any luck yet finding out what they were and where can we get parts for them?

Old thread but thanks to people posting up any and everything on the internet a catalog photo of those bikes have popped up since the first post :thumbsup:

that bike was called "the fielder" its still pretty unclear who the actual builder was, either Manco or Bird. Manco did use that hard plastic chianguard with the diamond shape center through the 70's, birds usually had just a square there and the other bikes appear more like Manco built bikes of that time period