22mm mikuni cable end help

Twid

I need to shorten the cable not the housing, if I cut it do you think I could crimp a piece of metal and solder it on. Do you all think it will work and be safe I wouldn't want it to come off and get sucked in to the motor.

image.jpeg

All help is appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Twid

Does the slid look like it's open to much?
image.jpeg
Should I cut more of the cable housing off?

Last edited:
I made one today. But I was more afraid of the carb side coming undone. I left that piece alone and marked the other end where I needed the ball to be. I tied a knot on that end and used JB weld to keep the knot together. I think it will be fine.

Twid

I did the carb side today. I needed the barrel for the internal throttle set up on my build off bike. I should of taken a picture after I was done but I just wanted to finish it. I did a test on a spare cable and use two pairs of pliers to try and rip it apart and I couldn't. I think I would have other problems if I put that much pressure on the carb, I'm not worried bout it, but I think I might of cut it to short. The slide is open a bit and don't know if that's how it should be.
image.jpeg

Welcome...and ya that is partially open throttle like that. You wanna set it where it rests in idle position....then finish the crimp and solder it. Another thing is you can use is a threaded throttle ferrule in the top of the carb for fine tuning on the cable.