340 salsbury series

delray

Hello Brian, one by one the super 30 is failing. This is mine. Me and your pal David Wulf and others have been jawing about TCs this week on another list. I don't think i'll get another one . have a big day, thanks again you and ole4 and others helped me with my first engine build many moons ago.
View attachment 269117 View attachment 269118
riverjohn, here is your fix. just send a email to go power sports with a picture of your damage part and they will send you a new piece that looks to be laser-cut and looks to be a hardened stainless steel.
broke spider.jpg

just with a few simple tools you can easily install the new part.
jugg1.jpg

delray

ok,here is the big problem i have with juggernaut. the keyway was machine wrong from the factory.
LOOK HOW CROOKED IT IS!
jugg keyway2.jpg

WAIT, i'm not done yet. video too.

and yes it has the full keyway in it.
jugg keyway.jpg
i do have the tools to broach a new keyway. so it can be fix by just cutting a new keyway on the other side.
technically gopowersports should be replacing that too.
at the end of the day it's still not as good as the 340 junior dragster unit. not even close.......:scooter:

delray

are the stainless steel Juggernaut spiders available separately? i would like to buy a few and keep them in stock...
they will replace them for free if your the original purchaser.
here is a video from them showing how to replace the part if you have a extra hand to help. only thing i didn't like was them putting oil on the threads. i like to blue loctite it down. don't want it to come loss and start to rock the bell housing back and forth.

joshua. c.

its good to hear there is a fix for the week part. now all thai is needed is a new clutch helix for the driven to slow doun the upshift without needing the stronger springs that give it a harsher downshift. so that keyway issue, is it mistake on a limited number of parts or is it a more wide spread issue?

delray

its good to hear there is a fix for the week part. now all thai is needed is a new clutch helix for the driven to slow doun the upshift without needing the stronger springs that give it a harsher downshift. so that keyway issue, is it mistake on a limited number of parts or is it a more wide spread issue?
i'm sure there other keyways made wrong like mine. but for the most part people probably don't look at this and just slap it on and go....:scooter:
currently running it on my 73 thunder bolt with a ohh-tecumseh i built. yes this engine has enough power to trash out the factory part in less then 2hrs of riding it and this is no crazy motor. just a good hot rod motor to ride on. so a good built clone will definitely trash the part out in no time at all.
currently also running a 7inch driven in a lower gear hole so the engine can wind out quicker out of the hole when taking off or coming out of a corner quicker. pulls good for a heavy bike. one of this days it will get put back to stock and restored to original. yes i have all the parts for it. for now it's my test bike for things and to ride and have fun on.
20171001_181945.jpg
20171006_131911.jpg
also running a big rear sprocket. alot little things going on that helps make this juggernaut work well with this bike. just not one thing.

delray

i pick up this couple months ago. very interesting part for sure. back in the day when they use the jr dragster 340 style driver for 1/8 mile drags. there was a company that made a all billet aluminum driven full spring adjustment and ran on roller ramps and came in a 7 inch for the jr 340/ 20 series style belt. i got couple ideals i would like to try it out on. we will see maybe..........:scooter:
126818835_4691645927574590_1809042208636941838_n.jpg
126936605_4691645900907926_4569593964353180565_n.jpg

mustangfrank

i pick up this couple months ago. very interesting part for sure. back in the day when they use the jr dragster 340 style driver for 1/8 mile drags. there was a company that made a all billet aluminum driven full spring adjustment and ran on roller ramps and came in a 7 inch for the jr 340/ 20 series style belt. i got couple ideals i would like to try it out on. we will see maybe..........:scooter:
View attachment 273804
View attachment 273805
Neat piece...makes me think of a snowmobile clutch(es). I miss all the clutch tunabilility and aftermarket support since I sold my sleds and started messing with golf carts and minibikes.