340 salsbury series

joshua. c.

interesting info delray. and to roccosbike I don't have the money experience or time to do this type of testing. I also don't have a youtube channel and if I went threw all that trouble I'd want to post it on youtube. I'm sure it would be a good video with lots of views if it was made well and edited correctly.

interesting info delray. and to roccosbike I don't have the money experience or time to do this type of testing. I also don't have a youtube channel and if I went threw all that trouble I'd want to post it on youtube. I'm sure it would be a good video with lots of views if it was made well and edited correctly.
Im sure it would be a good video too, sorry about that. The Salsbury clutch is a good design but it is discontinued so for the masses it makes no sense to compare something you can't buy. There are even better design clutches out there for strictly racing purposes.

Li'l Popeye

here is something for you juggernauts. I see go power sports is now price gouging the unit from $89 to $119
The $89,- price was not going to last. I think it was an introductory price, to get the word going... Now the word is going around, they raise the price. Clever marketing in my opinion. With shipping, taxes, import duties to Netherlands the price doubles. I'm glad I have 1, but I think it will stay with 1.

delray

The $89,- price was not going to last. I think it was an introductory price, to get the word going... Now the word is going around, they raise the price. Clever marketing in my opinion. With shipping, taxes, import duties to Netherlands the price doubles. I'm glad I have 1, but I think it will stay with 1.
i'm still going with price gouging . $30 increase....really with everything going on in the world and people not working...really and there probably the number one seller in are county now with minibike parts. there making money.
wait.... i would say same thing too if my bike was on the web site.....lol

Li'l Popeye

i'm still going with price gouging . $30 increase....really with everything going on in the world and people not working...really and there probably the number one seller in are county now with minibike parts. there making money.
Did I say something wrong?

Li'l Popeye

I will post these pictures even though this thread started out on the 340 salsbury. but a lot of you having been talking about the new Juggernaut drive on here. so here you go. I found this video on the Juggernaut and it may have a bad flaw. there was not much info why this part was cracking. my first guess would be it's just weak part area because of the bend in the metal or the part was loose and it hammer back and forth on the ears and crack?

Yesterday I opened my Juggernaut and "the fingers" are not cracked, but they do seem to be bend like the ones in the pictures. They were straight and level, when it came. The Juggernaut driver now seems to be sticking a bit, when letting off the throttle and coming to a near stop. I think it is because of these bend "metal fingers", because I have cleaned the inside of the sliding bushing and ran it again and it was still making the clicking sound when coming to a near stop.
I run it on a GX160, governor removed, Chikuni carb, stock cam, stock valves, 18lbs springs. So it's not because of to much power. It must be a lack of strength in material used. If it's already made out of high strength steel it is a design issue. Otherwise I'm very happy with it.
Anyone else with this problem?

delray

Yesterday I opened my Juggernaut and "the fingers" are not cracked, but they do seem to be bend like the ones in the pictures. They were straight and level, when it came. The Juggernaut driver now seems to be sticking a bit, when letting off the throttle and coming to a near stop. I think it is because of these bend "metal fingers", because I have cleaned the inside of the sliding bushing and ran it again and it was still making the clicking sound when coming to a near stop.
I run it on a GX160, governor removed, Chikuni carb, stock cam, stock valves, 18lbs springs. So it's not because of to much power. It must be a lack of strength in material used. If it's already made out of high strength steel it is a design issue. Otherwise I'm very happy with it.
Anyone else with this problem?
I do plan on using one of these on my 'test bike'. that would be my 73 thunderbolt that right now has a 30 series with a 7 inch driven and a lot of gearing(made just for off-road fun,not a top end drag bike...lol). the motor will be a very mild build ohh-motor with a 6000+7000 setup 22mm carb,header,hot coil,bigger valves(out of a briggs 5hp)255 dyno cam. in the pass when running the 30 series the driver would tend to get hot and then the problems would come. I don't think this motor is anything crazy horse power. nothing like my clone stuff I have built and building now. Tecumseh engines are something on my spare time I like to play with also. fun make these little engines spin little bit of power specially when I can make them keep up with mild clones engines. so we will see if this jugg unit can hold up to this test bike. I think one thing I will watch for at first is the unit is assembled and mounted correct to the crank. any unwanted movement in this area for sure looks like it causes problems.
so my question to anybody that has played with hardening steel? if this process was done with that part. would it help or?

MJL

I do plan on using one of these on my 'test bike'. that would be my 73 thunderbolt that right now has a 30 series with a 7 inch driven and a lot of gearing(made just for off-road fun,not a top end drag bike...lol). the motor will be a very mild build ohh-motor with a 6000+7000 setup 22mm carb,header,hot coil,bigger valves(out of a briggs 5hp)255 dyno cam. in the pass when running the 30 series the driver would tend to get hot and then the problems would come. I don't think this motor is anything crazy horse power. nothing like my clone stuff I have built and building now. Tecumseh engines are something on my spare time I like to play with also. fun make these little engines spin little bit of power specially when I can make them keep up with mild clones engines. so we will see if this jugg unit can hold up to this test bike. I think one thing I will watch for at first is the unit is assembled and mounted correct to the crank. any unwanted movement in this area for sure looks like it causes problems.
so my question to anybody that has played with hardening steel? if this process was done with that part. would it help or?
The problem may be that the part is actually too hard. Work hardened when it was bent allowing it to crack rather than spring back when flexed under load. Higher quality steel is probably needed.

delray

The problem may be that the part is actually too hard. Work hardened when it was bent allowing it to crack rather than spring back when flexed under load. Higher quality steel is probably needed.
that's kind of what I was thinking. almost like it's to brittle after the part was bent. making it a weak spot.

Li'l Popeye

It's for sale again for $89,-...
The price goes down and up and down and up...

delray

well I finally got some good testing over the weekend with my new juggernaut and it works good. put this way,i will never buy another comet 30 series again. with the roller spring setup like the 340 salsbury the engagement is always spot on and without the overdrive it wants to pull much harder. making the rpm's accelerate faster and when going at cruise speed you don't get the converter lock up in high gear like the 30 wants too.
so at cruise speed you can hit the accelerater and the bike will just rocket and I mean NOW. the other thing I am running is beltpalaces belt. another well worth money spent.
now you may not get the same feeling if your engine and bike is not setup correct or your just running a stock/very mild motor. end the day it's still going to be day and night difference. for my bike it was a heavy big frame 73 thunderbolt with only a 195cc ohh-motor that would pull a easy 7000+ rpm's and a large rear sprocket to help it do it. the only down fall was I had to modify the cover tab's longer so the unit would not rub against the cover(as you can see in the picture). I will post more info on my engine built under my ohh engine thread.

Latent

well I finally got some good testing over the weekend with my new juggernaut and it works good. put this way,i will never buy another comet 30 series again. with the roller spring setup like the 340 salsbury the engagement is always spot on and without the overdrive it wants to pull much harder. making the rpm's accelerate faster and when going at cruise speed you don't get the converter lock up in high gear like the 30 wants too.
so at cruise speed you can hit the accelerater and the bike will just rocket and I mean NOW. the other thing I am running is beltpalaces belt. another well worth money spent.
now you may not get the same feeling if your engine and bike is not setup correct or your just running a stock/very mild motor. end the day it's still going to be day and night difference. for my bike it was a heavy big frame 73 thunderbolt with only a 195cc ohh-motor that would pull a easy 7000+ rpm's and a large rear sprocket to help it do it. the only down fall was I had to modify the cover tab's longer so the unit would not rub against the cover(as you can see in the picture). I will post more info on my engine built under my ohh engine thread.
Glad to see you’re liking the juggernaut with the 7” driven. That is exactly what I have set up right now. Juggernaut with 7” driven - stock driven spring set at hole #1 with 10:59 gearing, and 14.5” tires.

Going to test it out this weekend. What does your gearing/tire size/rpm/top speed look like? Also I am running the 203591 comet belt what belt are you running? I will report back with results as well. A0175E08-2D78-4715-9BF9-5FF4B04E2D0A.jpeg F06230B8-76E3-4635-8C1F-A072ED403B93.jpeg