5 HP briggs...fair price?

I bought a 5 HP briggs for $50...the guy wanted $120 but took $50. Looks to be good, it was on a kart but he went predator (the $120).... Im kinda hoping it will be a good mini bike motor.

Attachments

Yes they are have 6.5 was on my go cart when I got it would you happen to know what this part is where the clutch is

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Yes they are have 6.5 was on my go cart when I got it would you happen to know what this part is where the clutch is

I bought a 5 HP briggs for $50...the guy wanted $120 but took $50. Looks to be good, it was on a kart but he went predator (the $120).... Im kinda hoping it will be a good mini bike motor.
That looks like a fine motor for the money. Date-stamped 1994. You'd pay that much for an old roto tiller to get a motor like that and then have to figure out what to do w/the leftover pieces. Been there. :laugh:

Ok do you how it's sapose to work because I can't get the go cart to actually drive it'll rev up but the belt won't go with the pully

I don't think It will matter about the belt....grooves , notches or smooth. The belt has no way to tension its self to make it tighter to make it pull your kart. This is where a clutch/ torque converter would be used.
You could make a tensioner bracket with a wheel on it so you could put tension on the belt...then it would pull the kart.

Thank you I was thinking something like the wheel tensioner but I'm new to the go cart seen again and wasn't sure If I was missing something or just lost thank you I'll up date