50 Bucks!

So I came across this motor and couldn't pass it up--even though I have no use for it right now!! It came with a Yardmachines tiller, but the bolt patterns don't match up at all. The tiller's only meant for a 5hp or so engine. The problem I'm having is that it has a threaded crank instead of the keyed crank. What applications are out there for this thing? Any ideas? I've heard that trash/water pumps use the threaded shafts, but anything else? Also, it's a 1" shaft. Thanks for any and all replies!

you could also have the shaft machined down to 3/4 and have them put in a keyway.

if you don't want to do that, you'll have to find a new crank that isn't threaded or tapered.

Yeah, this thing starts right up and runs perfect. I'd be surprised if it had 100 hours on it! Any ideas on what it might cost to have the crank turned down and a keyway cut?

Ha!:tongue: Yeah I did! I love ksl. Use it almost daily! I think I called that guy like 5 minutes after he listed it and I had to leave work right then because otherwise I knew someone would offer him more and go pick it up before I could get to it. I just wish I could use it for something!

Crank

I got a freebie GX240 & got a crank & gaskets from Carroll - Stream & it runs excllent. When you take out the old crank also remove the counterbalance & leave it out. different number of teeth on the clone shaft so if you put it in it turns about 2 times then locks up because the counterbalance isn't in sync with the crank. I've put over 50 miles of northern Michigan trail miles on it & it runs great. Output shaft does stick out about 3" from the block so to use it on my Trail Scout I had to offset the motor a little farther to the right (than a Briggs orTech) so the chain lines up.

Cool, thanks for the input. I just might be changing the crank out on it. I'll be sure and post if and when I do. My little mini will be hoppin' if I do!

Comet makes a 94C model clutch that has a 1 inch threaded fittment. Old Ski Doo snowmobiles had the 1 inch screw on clutches, and the 94C has adjustable belt width.

Comet makes a 94C model clutch that has a 1 inch threaded fittment. Old Ski Doo snowmobiles had the 1 inch screw on clutches, and the 94C has adjustable belt width.
Nice! Good to know. I'll have to check them out. I'll keep everyone posted as to what I end up doing. I was wondering if there was a clutch setup for a 1" threaded shaft... now I know!

Driven?

Zook94, Thanks for the heads up on the 94c Clutch. I also wondered what old snowmobile parts might work. Do you also get a driven pulley from the ski-doo or some other place? I have a 5/8 jackshaft but could change that if needed.