5hp briggs with 1" shaft?

Why would a 5hp birggs have a 1" shaft on it? Im putting it on my mini bike and i know the clutch is going to cost around $100. But im just wondering why. Thanks for any replies.

Maybe it was built for a generater or sump pump? Idk just an idea. Some kind of equipment that cant handle 3/4 shaft. Do you by chance know the model numbers then i could do some reshearch on it.

@ minibikefreak- it was off a leaf blower but one that you push around.

@ restore kid- no it is a kool bore so it just has bushings :confused: i assume. So i dont know if that would work.

No... 1 inch I'm about sure is a bearing.. Not all bearing backing plates come on sleeved blocks. Bearings are quite a bit more common that sleeves.. Although sleeves usually are bearing output.. Do you have a pic of the back of the motor?

No... 1 inch I'm about sure is a bearing.. Not all bearing backing plates come on sleeved blocks. Bearings are quite a bit more common that sleeves.. Although sleeves usually are bearing output.. Do you have a pic of the back of the motor?
I had a 1" cool bore bushing motor once.

restore: here are some pictures i have of it. I cant even remember if I ever opened it up so i dont know if it has a bearing. I though only I/C had bearing? :confused:

jeep: I was looking to get one from northern tool but ill check this guy out thanks :thumbsup:

restore: here are some pictures i have of it. I cant even remember if I ever opened it up so i dont know if it has a bearing. I though only I/C had bearing? :confused:

jeep: I was looking to get one from northern tool but ill check this guy out thanks :thumbsup:
Yup... give Korndog the win on that one... Thats a Bushing.. :glare: I'm screwed again.. I'll never find the parts to make my dual bearing lighted engine I swear to god.. :hammer: Anyone need a dual bearing block? :hammer:

Not ONLY I/C engines have bearing out put.. But ALL I/C motors HAVE bearing out put..

Also.. there was a guy in I think New Jersey craigslist, with a brand new 1 inch clutch that he can't use.. It's been for sale for about a year and a half now I think.. 40 bucks takes it home.. :shrug: Possibly he'd mail it or someone on the forum will buy it and ship it to ya.. :shrug:

:lol: :lol: :lol: DAMN.... you are in Jersey... Hell there ya go.. he might be in Conneticut too for all I know.. :doah: I'll try to find the ad maybe.. I just saw it today..

Nope... 45 bucks, gary indianna.. http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/bar/1920188295.html

Last edited:

jeep4me

I have a 1" bore clutch for sale right now in the parts section. $60 shipped. Like new condition.

Come on guys. I need to sell something so I can buy more minibikes at the flea market this weekend.

I have a 1" bore clutch for sale right now in the parts section. $60 shipped. Like new condition.

Come on guys. I need to sell something so I can buy more minibikes at the flea market this weekend.
There ya go... :shrug: not gonna find a better deal than that... Plus it gives Jeep another 60 bucks to see WHAT ELSE he can find us... Maybe a pair of mint 69 Rupp Roadsters or something.. :laugh: